Throttle Blip Problem... Part II

madmike

CBR400RR - NC29 - Gull Arm

well.. a while back i posted i had a problem when i blipped the throttle up to 3000 -> 4000rpm, it would idle really low for a couple of seconds OR cut out...

Well... someone said it was an air leak, and thanks to TriGGer! found the air leak (there was two of em'!) :eusa_think:

SO now thats sorted ive noticed something!

When im riding along and come to a stop then blip the throttle a little bit it will do the same again, drop to about 500rpm then jump back up OR cut out...

BUT!

if i come to a stop, give it a big rev... say 6000 -> 7000rpm then blip it up to 3000 or 4000rpm its fine, doesn't flinch...

TriGGer mentioned it could be something to do with float heights :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

Any insights appreciated! thanks :eusa_whistle:

Well thats something i didn't do last time, balance them! gonna get them balanced when i get back of my holidays!

If its anything related, I took the plugs out to clean today and noticed two of them had a little bit of petrol just sat on them, not on the electrode part but abit higher up, maybe thats cause the mixture screws need adjusting lol? :eusa_whistle:

If you ever take the carbs off, balance them afterwards. It makes a real improvement to my 9Rs, and you will thank yourself afterwards. Make sure all the screws are set to factory settings, then see.

I've a nagging thought there may be an air leak still, but sort the balancing first.

well im about to head off on holiday for a week tomorrow so when i get back ill get them balanced, been quoted about £20 at a garage, can't find any vacuum gauges for less than that lol :D

Well ive had a proper good look and can't find another single air leak! but like i said, it will blip fine after ive given it a good Vrooooooom.... :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

Archived