Aprilia RSV1000R

Boylan

I own a 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R and want to fit some slip on end cans. I like the looks of the carbon Arrow cans, the guy from B&C Express said it won't need remapping if I keep the baffles in. What I want to know is would the remap performed by an Aprilia dealer for their optional Akrapovic exhaust be suitable for the Arrow cans when the baffles are removed? And then what happens if I put the baffles back in?, surely it will be running to rich. Should I just fit a Power Commander instead, it starts adding up to almost a £1000 for a little gain and a bit better noise.

Speak to Griff at Aprilia Performance (01827285500) as what he doesn't know about Aprilias isn't worth knowing. Top bloke, recommended.

Speak to Griff at Aprilia Performance (01827285500) as what he doesn't know about Aprilias isn't worth knowing. Top bloke, recommended.

Griff is THE MAN

Carbon isn't a great choice for a v-twin. They tend to give them a bit of a hammering by all accounts.

I'd be more inclined to go down the Power Commander route than a factory remap as you've got the option to get it custom mapped so it's spot on.

How about fitting the cans and getting the bike dyno'd for a fuelling run? It will tell you if it's making it run too lean, and you might not need to get it remapped at all if you don't mind it being a little bit out?

With the new 04> shape rsv there is 2 maps built into the ecu. Map1 is standard and 2 is for modified, ie cans and k&n. I'm 99.9% sure you have to get it swapped onto map2 for a powercommander to even work. erm, i'll just find a link *whistles*

PC3 precautions:

Before installing a PC3, the closed loop mode must be disabled by switching to engine variant 2 (Map-2).

If you don’t do this, the ECU will sense the modified A/F ratio (via Lambda probe) and attempt to lean it back out.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103149

Just putting an '05 engine/wiring/loads of other crap into my '01 falco so have had to do a lot of learning :D

On yours I think i'd get it switched to map2 and let the ecu sort the fueling out when you put the baffles in (you wont though :eusa_dance: ) I have 2 carbon cans on mine and they have blackened under the straps but if you repack them regularly they should be alright (had mine on for 3 years+ now) Wouldnt have thought a single carbon can system would survive though

Yeah I am a bit scepticle about fitting carbon cans to it, as I had a carbon Yoshimura on my ZX7R and that got pretty cooked and crispy on the top where the the hot gases hit it, but I just like the looks of it.

Archived