Changing grips

j-maul

I'v got my self some soft renthal grips and the glue to go with them all i'm wondering is whats the best way to fit them, i dont want them spinning off half way round the track

personally i lockwire mine, be carefull where you twist it up though, make sure it's pressed into the grip or you'll end up with the excess stabbing your hands lol

000_9_inch_plier.jpg

personally i lockwire mine, be carefull where you twist it up though, make sure it's pressed into the grip or you'll end up with the excess stabbing your hands lol

000_9_inch_plier.jpg

If you wire it up all in one go you can only have one wire end at the end of the grip where you don't put your hand.

Like, wire around the grip, lockwire pliers locked on about 2 inches down, twisted up nice and tight, around the bars around, another 2 inch grab, twisted up nice and tight, around the bars again, twisted up nice and tight. Just go until you get to the end of the grip and end the wire there. That mightn't be the best explanation really. I might get a photo, probably won't though. :icon_salut:

cut old1's off, clean the bars, gluen slideon new grips.........leave glue to set & lockwire!!

alexandermeerkat.jpg

simples!!!

( oh but don't forget to check there on the right sides.... throttle side has a larger hole,YES I have done it b4 anyone asks!! LOL )

If you wire it up all in one go you can only have one wire end at the end of the grip where you don't put your hand.

Like, wire around the grip, lockwire pliers locked on about 2 inches down, twisted up nice and tight, around the bars around, another 2 inch grab, twisted up nice and tight, around the bars again, twisted up nice and tight. Just go until you get to the end of the grip and end the wire there. That mightn't be the best explanation really. I might get a photo, probably won't though. :eusa_think:

i just put 3 pieces around the diameter of the grip, along the length of it, one at each end and one in the middle.

Archived