Harris Performance - any good?

SamB

I discovered today what it might be like to ride a chopper after suddenly losing 3 inches of ride height. I think it might be time to service the shock - the ride height is at maximum, as is the compression and preload!

Anyone had any experiences with ohlins rebuilds by harris? What's their turnaround like?

Ah right. Worth a go if you're fairly local. They are the UK importer for Ohlins so they know their stuff. Only drawback with Harris is that they tend not to be too shy about how much they charge for things! I should know as my bike has got lots of their baubles on it. :eusa_think:

I agree with Millemille, They don't seem to offer much in the way of customer services, I don't think they are arsed if you don't run a race team IMHO

Agree, they have not been bothered to answer any of my queries via email on two occasions, 3 years apart. Fuck them, and choose somewhere that cares.

i popped into harris on friday with my brother so they could have a quick look at his front wheel problems, full of advice, enthusiasm and help, i even had a half hour guided tour of the xr1200s theyre putting together for the race series next, they sound so good, i got all my questions answered and was made to feel like any paying guest.

Every time ive popped in to buy anything or ask anything, they are spot on, always helpful. Thats my experience.

Since Dominic left Harris and with Richard being so tied up with BSB they are reportedly even slower than normal on turning Ohlins kit around.

I'd give Harris a miss and look at MCT.

+10000 from me.

As I'm in St Albans too I've used Harris before as they are so close. But TBH I've never had great service from them and on top of that they charge the earth.

I went to MCT in Stowmarket earlier this year, absolutely feckin' fantastic. Can't recommend MCT highly enough.

I won't be going back to Harris again for suspension.

Archived