K4 thousand clutch problems.

zx6rrob

Hi, my ex`s brother has a k4 gsxr thousand and has recently been having a bit of trouble. When launching hard from a standing start, every now and then the clutch makes a nasty noise and grabs severely. Enough to nearly chuck him on his arse at the recent run what ya brung. I`ve had the clutch apart,checked the basket for any nicks or marks, fitted new ebc plates and heavy duty springs, which seemed to cure it for a bit,but then it soon returned to its old tricks. Slip the clutch hard from a standstill and all of a sudden you get a clunky noise and the clutch bites hard and lifts the front. I`m pulling me bloody hair out!!!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers all,

Rob.

Do these have a "slipper clutch" i forget the offical Suzuki title back torque limiter or something?

Nope, no slipper in the K3/4, check the condition of the concave spring washer and flat washer at the back of the plates in the basket, warping/damage can cause problems. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Hi, my ex`s brother has a k4 gsxr thousand and has recently been having a bit of trouble. When launching hard from a standing start, every now and then the clutch makes a nasty noise and grabs severely. Enough to nearly chuck him on his arse at the recent run what ya brung. I`ve had the clutch apart,checked the basket for any nicks or marks, fitted new ebc plates and heavy duty springs, which seemed to cure it for a bit,but then it soon returned to its old tricks. Slip the clutch hard from a standstill and all of a sudden you get a clunky noise and the clutch bites hard and lifts the front. I`m pulling me bloody hair out!!!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers all,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

I have a limited edition zk4 1000. mine does exactly the same. Dont have to give it many revs before it does it from standstill.

has scared the S**T out of me a couple of times, either bogs down or tries to fire the front into the sky. Please let me know what it is when you solve the fault.

Cheers Chris

Sutton Coldfield

chriswigley1@yahoo.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rob,

I have a limited edition zk4 1000. mine does exactly the same. Dont have to give it many revs before it does it from standstill.

has scared the S**T out of me a couple of times, either bogs down or tries to fire the front into the sky. Please let me know what it is when you solve the fault.

Cheers Chris

Sutton Coldfield

chriswigley1@yahoo.co.uk

i have the same bike and exactly the same problem... follow this link for a solution

Archived