Running a bit to warm???

Guest bikertiger

Guest bikertiger

Ok I know the weathers (despite the rain) pretty warm - But my bike seems to be running in the high 90's all the time?

Just nipped out - only doing 30mph, not in traffic and the temp gauge is knocking around 100???

Any ideas

Guest bikertiger
ride faster that will cool your biryani down a bit

ha! I can see it now

"So sir why were you speeding"

"Well it's like this....."

if it works for blood delivery guy! It was very fookin warm today so temperature will be up and anything in town will get the fan kicking in quickly. Check plenty of coolant in but not unusual with todays temp. Seriously once you get cracking temp soon drops off and if it doesnt then sum finks up....

Guest bikertiger
if it works for blood delivery guy! It was very fookin warm today so temperature will be up and anything in town will get the fan kicking in quickly. Check plenty of coolant in but not unusual with todays temp. Seriously once you get cracking temp soon drops off and if it doesnt then sum finks up....

Yeah if I was driving in town i'd usually agree bud. But it was only 7pm and no traffic on the road.

It's never that high even whilst in heavy traffic.

Monty. Seem's to be. Doesn't come on until the low 100's mind

the r1 used to grumble a bit in traffic and/or hot weather. most of the fins on the rad were bent over from stones etc off the front tyre. brand new geniune rad was only a couple hundred quid - sorted.

Got to 118 on the CBR6 in M25 roadworks t'other day. Checked coolant when I got home which was fine and has been fine ever since.

As mentioned, panic if its over 120

So long as your fan's coming on OK and it brings the temp down by a couple of degrees before it cuts out again then there's nothing to worry about at all.

Got an RR6 Blade and the fucker is always getting in the low hundreds. Record is 110. Coolant seems fine but on the last couple of occasions when I've put it up on the Abba stand, the front of the belly pan gets wet with coolant.

The bike seems fine and the levels are fine.

Where the fuck's it coming from? :thumbsup:

bike tuned? could be running lean or thermostat fucked. remove it and drop it in boiling water- if it pops open its fine, if it doesn't it's gone so replace.

Just the normal can and commander combo. I found hose with green gunge around the clamp so I've tightened it up. It's perfectly placed to make the mess I described so I'm pretty sure it's that.

Cheers anyway mate.

Seems I'm not the only one then. Not long after I bought it, I noticed splatters down the right side of the engine. Then, when I switched the engine off, I could hear a loud gargling noise like water down a plug-hole. Fucking bottle was empty! Upon closer inspection it turned out the splatters were coming from a loose pipe from the radiator so I tightened it up and then tried some of the others. They were loose too!

Then, a while later, I noticed the coolant in the belly-pan problem but today I finally found the one that was leaking. It's the one directly behind the generator cover and under the clutch. I'm going to look for more to tighten up over the weekend.

What with the sump plug rotting away, it's been a dodgy start but I love the bike anyway so I can put up with a few teething probs.

Harry Muff.

Archived