ZXR750/ZX7R interchanging

lorenzo

I'm currently trying to pimp peoples bikes out to one another but there's a bit of a financial shortfall happening. What i need to know is will the exhaust off a ZXR750J1 fit onto a ZX7R, and vice versa. Also, what bodywork fits the ZXR J? Is it any with the upper hoover tubes or are the H models different? Any little tips much appreciated. The one bike I'm trying to get sorted out on a budget is Gregs ZXR, and I'm wondering if I can buy any of his trick bits and swap them for stock bits off my ZX7R, hence freeing up a bit of cash for the buyer of his ZXR, if you see what i mean.

H models are quite different, top fairing wise, to the Js.

Trick suspension parts are interchangeable (Running 96+ linkage in my K) J/K/L/M/P/N models only - I think the Hs are different..

96+ Sump will fit on the J too, it's deeper and resembles Kawasakis own kit parts. (Also have one of these on mine)

I'm guessing the exhausts are interchangeable as well. - But don't rely on anything I say, as I'm probably wrong :-)

Cheers,

/Steff

The exhausts will fit, but the P downpipes are a little bit longer, so may foul the bodywork.

Like wise fitting a J K L M exhaust to the P, it may run a little tight to the sump.

Also, the P downpipes are connect to each other as they come out of the head (standard downpipes), so the spacing is a tiny bit out. I'm talking millemeters here. Nothing that a quick whack with a rubber mallet won't sort out!!! :eusa_dance: (its been done before).

Also, the exhaust from a ZX9 B model will also fit, but again has slightly longer downpipes than the J etc..

You gotta make this work. Greg was born to ride that Skol Kat!

I know for a fact that Akrapovic's off a J1 only fit track prepped L2's owned by really tall people who can weld ..... :lol:

Meh, cunning plan's all gone to rat shit anyway. Still, I'll get Greg on the Kat one way or another, even if I do have to give him Mr T's glass of milk.

Archived