MOD Connectors?

rusty

I remember seeing one of the Obsession articles a few months back where they said the bike had some kind of ?MOD connectors which I gathered were some kind of quick-fit connectors.

Can anyone remember the article and where you can get them?

the whole bike was very nicely done, no expense spared. full carbon bodywork unpainted

Mmmm, it was a beauty, probably one of the best ones so far.

i will agree to that, got the pics in front of me, makes me want a R6. if you do get some connectors PM me im looking to get some nd it could work out cheaper to get them together

• 2 months later...
I remember seeing one of the Obsession articles a few months back where they said the bike had some kind of ?MOD connectors which I gathered were some kind of quick-fit connectors.

Can anyone remember the article and where you can get them?

Hi Rusty,

I know it maybe a bit late but I got some connectors from a company called Souriau. Very nice but not cheap!

They are also in the car motorsports Demon Tweeks catalouge.

http://www.souriau.com/range-presentation/8sta/

Cheers,

sennidott

I used to use those type of connectors all the time in the RAF, they're commonly known as Plessey Plugs, mainly because Mr Plessey (or his company) were the first to make them.

http://www.fclane.com/SectionDetails.aspx?...CFQfpXgodDllgCw

These do a range of plugs, Amphenol are also pretty similar, its high grade connectors used in Aircraft type fitments. Good anti-vibration properties and at keeping out mositure, either crimp or solder pins, used to hate soldering 48 way plugs.

In the Senior service not the womens aux ballon core ....

When I were a lad Senior Service was a fag, normally came in 10's or 20's, hey-ho, suppose if the analogy fits wear it.

Also are you really in the Navy? As a core is the centre of an object, whereas a corps is a term for a large formation or body of troops.

Yeah I use them all the time at work, Mil-C spec connectors are the ones we use, environmentally sealed etc, the pins take some skilled soldering though - http://www.amphenol.co.uk/aerospace.htm

Thats an idea of the types, the 602GB are probably the best spec for bike stuff, and unlike most of these they arn't cadmium plated anymore. (Its a carcinogenic and its use is now restricted)

You can get them in any number of wire/pin ways and either bayonet or screw closing. Vibration proof and would outlast any bike.....designed for 25year life on a military vehicle - and thats a hard life :)

They can be a bit bulky for bike use though.....

When I were a lad Senior Service was a fag, normally came in 10's or 20's, hey-ho, suppose if the analogy fits wear it.

Also are you really in the Navy? As a core is the centre of an object, whereas a corps is a term for a large formation or body of troops.

Yes still in, god knows why! the aux ballon core was a p*ss take i used to use on my late brother it was from blackadder and was waiting to see if the senior service fag joke would come back but these modern days would it matter :) Anyway glad to know now that you have left, the tri service banter has not gone.

Did you ever come across a speedy Radcliffe whilst in the waf ?

Yes still in, god knows why! the aux ballon core was a p*ss take i used to use on my late brother it was from blackadder and was waiting to see if the senior service fag joke would come back but these modern days would it matter :icon_salut: Anyway glad to know now that you have left, the tri service banter has not gone.

Did you ever come across a speedy Radcliffe whilst in the waf ?

Like the Slack Bladder analogy, I was probably expecting to be called a Crab, you being Navy and all that. I left a couple of years ago, apparently I wasn't politically correct enough..

Speedy Radcliffe, did he wear a blue uniform (almost like the old RAC one) and black shoes, tall short bloke with curly black, straight white hair? Sorry never met him, still when I joined up there were 95,000 of us in Her Majesties Royal Air Farce, by the time I left, only about 40,000 that they admitted to, suppose if I was still in now, there'd be a good chance I'd bump into him the the one mess thats left, the one at BZN that everyone seems to pass through on there way to another pointless shitty war, waged to deflect public eye from shit government at home.

Seriously though, God bless every soldier, sailor and airman for doing what I could no longer stomach, you deserve the full support of our country, especially at this time of year, there's many wish they were back for Christmas and some wil never be home again.

Just wondered! 94 thou bjeebus there is only 36 thou of us and that includes bootnecks! So what made you move to duabi? just come back from there, no way i could live out there as never have enjoyed it since going most years since 94 thank god for piracy looks like we moving that way now, just wondering where the drinking stop will be dont fancy having a run in the mog :icon_salut:

I was keeping that up the sleve and no mention of Mr matey.

Thanks for the support makes me giggle how we are now more overworked than ever but does this government support us or fund us......NOPE

• 2 weeks later...

Work and the mighty dollar took me to Dubai. Fortunately I was an Airfield Engineer in the RAF, ILS, Ground Radar and Comms so I worked for an airport in UK for a while, saw an advert for Dubai International Airport and thought f**K me, that salary might clear the national debt of Bolivia in a few years, so I've been out here nearly 7 months now. Since then UK plc has gone down the toilet and the exchange rate drop gives me nearly 20% more £'s.

Weird and wonderful place to live and work, but not planning on making it a lifetime switch.

Yeah when I joined up we were at war with the Commies, one of my last jobs was working in Lithuania installing a TACAN for joint NATO/Lithuanian airops (bit weird as I'd have been shot as a spy 15 years earlier). Too many shitty detatchments were coming up so I scarpered, did Basrah at the right time Jun 03 to Sep 03, after that it started getting f**king scary and now its multiple mortars a day.

Archived