Anyone fitted FCR's to a ZXR H1/H2 1989.

Bannon_Orcus

:icon_blackeye: So I have landed a superb set of FCR's for the trackbike. (ZXR750H1)

AVC_2075.jpg

They are from an M1 ZXR,

I will treat them to a fecking good clean, but other than that they do not look like they need a lot of work.

Interestingly, the spacing is not all that different to the H. A bit don't get me wrong, but given that I will get the necks made, I can get some with a very slight deviation on them, which will negate the need to re-space the carbs them selves (handy) :eusa_think: .

This will give a slightly larger distance for the vapour to travel :eusa_think: , but I am thinking that the additional distance because of the very small deviation, will make no real difference......not that cannot be corrected by maybe fitting a slightly larger jet maybe?! :unsure:

Has anyone done this? Were there any pitfalls to can make me aware of? I am a very competent mechanic, but if you have already done it, and can save me making the same mistakes - lets hear it?

Opinions welcomed.

Pics will follow soon.

Hi mate,

Are you a member of http://www.redmonkey.com/7r/ ?

Best place that I know of this kind of info. Sign up (free) and post your question or search the archives, a very good chance that someone will have done this before.

Good luck mate

Hi mate,

Are you a member of http://www.redmonkey.com/7r/ ?

Best place that I know of this kind of info. Sign up (free) and post your question or search the archives, a very good chance that someone will have done this before.

Good luck mate

Hi HalfMan......Yeah been a solid member since 2003, I am posting there as well, most are upset that I got a set of fine FCR's for £92!!! hahahhaaaaa :eusa_whistle:

Hi HalfMan......Yeah been a solid member since 2003, I am posting there as well, most are upset that I got a set of fine FCR's for £92!!! hahahhaaaaa ;)

For £92 ?...

Now I hate you too without even knowing you + you're going to ruin the perfect spacing by fitting them on an H.... :eusa_whistle:

All good though ;)

Cheers,

/Steff - Who needs a set of FCRs for yet another project...

if the length of the inlet tract from the carbs to the engine is longer then it'll increase midrange in relation to shorter inlets, which give better tp end. By how much i wouldn't like to say, although I suspect you're not fitting FCR's for extra midrange...

The time taken to make new inlets would be better spent re-spacing the carbs. The spacing on the H is quite a bit wider than later 7s. Be intersting to see how much midrange is left with 39s on it.

Surprisingly, looking at the inlet to inlet on H1 carbs against these FCR's, there is actually not a great deal in it. All I would need to do is get a slight, and I mean slight angle in the inner part of the outer carb necks (I did consider respacing them, but as I have to make inlet neck anyway - why do both jobs?). Not enough IMO to upset the fuelling.

I like the paperweight comment, but not as much as the subtle tag line of "Need FCR's for project" :eusa_pray::eusa_dance:

However, I have been looking for FCR's for a long time, convinced that I can get the to work properly. :wacko:

My H1 has a H2 head on it with the H2 cams and carbs, so FCR was the next evolutionary step for any more improvement. :thumbsup:

hmmmm.....all I need now if the time.....where the hell am I going to find that?! :tumbleweed:

Archived