Chinese Bodywork

rndnick

Probably been asked before, and I can guess most of the answers, but has anyone had experience of purchasing and fitting the chinese pattern bodywork you can get off of ebay? Below is a link provided by one of the sellers to a page where it shows yopu some close ups of the bodywork.

Chinese Bodywork

The reason I ask is I was looking at doing a colour change on my R1, and this is cheaper than getting it prepped and painted.

I have a friend that has just bought some for his NC30 and I was a bit of a sceptic too!

The finish is excellent, all decent moulds (apparently the originals) and the only critisism I would have is that some of the decals are smaller than the originals but most folk would not even notice that. Just try to contact previous buyers from the feedback, that will help.

If you pay by PayPal, at least you will have buyer protection, they always charge the suppliers!

Probably been asked before, and I can guess most of the answers, but has anyone had experience of purchasing and fitting the chinese pattern bodywork you can get off of ebay? Below is a link provided by one of the sellers to a page where it shows yopu some close ups of the bodywork.

Chinese Bodywork

The reason I ask is I was looking at doing a colour change on my R1, and this is cheaper than getting it prepped and painted.

That bodywork looks pretty smart. How easy would it be to get a tank painted as a good match? Are they close to original colours?

One thing I dont like about it; the colour/design is a copy of a later R1 colour scheme, however, they have decided on the need to put 'Deltabox III' decals on, when the model they are designed for is a 'Deltabox II' frame. Strange that.

That bodywork looks pretty smart. How easy would it be to get a tank painted as a good match? Are they close to original colours?

Colour matching should be ok from any decent paint supplier, I would also get the 2 fairing infills painted, the undertray and the hugger.

Fitted a set to my bro in laws ZX6R. Took a bit of time and the captive nuts were 5mm instead of 6mm. Looked good though.

What were the panel gaps like? as good as original?

Just out of interest, could anyone post a link to one of said auctions ?..

Cheers,

/Steff

[Edit:] Nevermind the village idiot - Kinda hard to miss actually :-/

Fitted a set to my bro in laws ZX6R. Took a bit of time and the captive nuts were 5mm instead of 6mm. Looked good though.

I wondered what these would be like for the zx... really does look rather smart!

What's the colour match like in the flesh? Doesn't look bad from the pics...

Tempted to make my J2 look a tad more civilised and less trashed... :dribble:

Archived