Rubber brake hose, Res to Master cylinder

drunkn munky

Went to my local dealer today to get some new brake hose to fit between the res and the master cylinder. I was given 6mm fuel hose and told this would be fine, is this right as the orginal brake hose feels as if it has thicker walls. Is there a reason for this or will the fuel line be ok to use

Should be fine, theres no pressure there, it's just to link the res and the m/c together, i have a see-through/green HRC tube on my track bike and its fine

Fuel hose will weep brake fluid and eventualy break down over time.

Best bet is order some genuine reservoir hose from GPRdirect or another brembo distributor

^+1.................I have fuel hose on my fzr and it weeps........................... :)

The tube i have also weeps a little, but as we can see on pedrosas RC212v, it can't be too bad!

pedrosacontrols.jpg

The only shitter is that if it weeps too much it might drip onto your paintwork, but to solve that simply swap the fluid to DOT5.1!

from memory it's called 'non-hygroscopic', a motor factor should be able to supply?

I last got some from BSR Aerotek but alas they are no more. Might even have a short piece left in the garage if you wanted me to look? how much do you need?

from memory it's called 'non-hygroscopic', a motor factor should be able to supply?

I last got some from BSR Aerotek but alas they are no more. Might even have a short piece left in the garage if you wanted me to look? how much do you need?

cheers for the offer fella but you may need it sometime, i cant really see it a problem getting hold of some although i must admit ive never found it so hard to find something online.

i need about a 10 inch length to both brake and clutch. Ive just changed the clipons on my 748 for some speedymotos and both res pots need moving so not to hit the bodywork so i now need longer hoses

cheers for the offer fella but you may need it sometime, i cant really see it a problem getting hold of some although i must admit ive never found it so hard to find something online.

i need about a 10 inch length to both brake and clutch. Ive just changed the clipons on my 748 for some speedymotos and both res pots need moving so not to hit the bodywork so i now need longer hoses

no prob hope you get sorted

Archived