Zx10R

j-maul

I know this is a stupid question for most of you guys, but i need some advise. How do i remove the front footpeg from my ZX10R. I'v got a trackday booked for wednesday at cadwell. I'v not rode in a year so i thought i'd better give the bike a quick once over, you know easy stuff like chain, tyres, and i dropped the bike putting it onto a paddock stand, i held it all the way down, it even landed on my MTB, but still snapped the peg, cheap metal i say. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John Paul.

peg or entire bracket? My bracket broke like it was made of clay when that happened to me.

Just the peg mate, it snapped like a bread stick. I'v had a look but its got me puzzled

Just had a look at mine and reminded myself. There is a sring type C washer on the bottom of the pin running through the peg. Get some needle nose pliers and gently ease it off.. the pin should then slide up and out releasing the peg.. there is a second spring that makes the peg return if folded up...make a note of how the fold up spring is though for when you put it back in. Thats for the 04 -05 model... should be same for the new ones knowing kwak

Just had a look at mine and reminded myself. There is a sring type C washer on the bottom of the pin running through the peg. Get some needle nose pliers and gently ease it off.. the pin should then slide up and out releasing the peg.. there is a second spring that makes the peg return if folded up...make a note of how the fold up spring is though for when you put it back in. Thats for the 04 -05 model... should be same for the new ones knowing kwak

Thanks mate, i'll get onto it tomorrow. Can you belive they charge 45 quid for one peg.

Thanks mate, i'll get onto it tomorrow. Can you belive they charge 45 quid for one peg.

I know its nuts.. it was £100 for the bracket... there is nothing to it and the metal quality looks shocking.

I know its nuts.. it was £100 for the bracket... there is nothing to it and the metal quality looks shocking.

Done it, piece of piss. I feel stupid now. Thanks again mate

Archived