yzf750 problem

hipringle

hi, just bought it from down south, its a trackday bike, everything seems fine apart from it needing easystart to get it to run from cold. Once its going & warm theres not a problem, could that be a valve clearance problem, if so is it easy job to do?, any advice appriciated.

Doubtful it's your valve clearances unless someone has tampered with them-normally goes the other way.i.e.harder to start when hot.I'd be more inclined to check the mixtures and plugs(whip the plugs out first to check thery're all burning good).Has it got an aftermarket airfilter and silencer on it?

Ok mate thanks for that, will check plugs tommorow, different end can but filter looks clean, supposed dynojet kit fitted........

No worries mate-i havent had much dealings with dynojets myself but a few of my bike mechanic mates say they tend to wear out-so if possible try to check them out.

I've had the exact same problem with an FZR1000 exup, and it was too tight valve clearances. Have a quick look at FZR1000 non-runner in this section.

Having too tighter clearances creates a lack of compression and not starting from cold, the easy start is that volatile it just manages to fire and start the engine.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Archived