Yamaha heated grips.

Johnno

Alright, EDIT.

This is done.I removed the Yamaha heated grips, you can nearly do it without total destruction. I warmed them up with a heat gun and then held a thin stainless skewer retired from the kitchen close to the heat gun blast  so I could push it under the grips. It had a ring at the end and I stuck a allen T bar in it to retrieve it.

I'm such a plum,  I took the left side off and snipped countless zip ties that held grip wires,  left side had 2 plugs,  obvs for the on off and control, the right side had one wire. I ended up snipping the plug for the left side off, folded the wire back on itself secured with a teeny zipe tie and then black tape and plugging it back in.  Originally I thought there would be 2 plugs per side. Goose..

I even took the time to blacksmith the right side bark buster using a dead blow hammer and a big stump up the backyard.  Putting the curve back in the end so it attaches to the bar end properly.

I used my shed kettle to boil water to toss in a bucket along with the throttle grip for fitment.

Amazingly, the shed kettle contained no Gecko carcasses.  Luckily I got the MX gloves on it time to avoid blistering the beJesus  out of my hands.  Even with the realatively low rent Motion Pro grips I used it looks way better.

Beer..

Edited by Johnno
  • Like 1