Q. 675 Daytona alternator cover

RealityRSV

So in a typically arse backwards fashion I'm looking into crash protection and an alternator cover following my crash at Snetterton recently.

Anyway.. perusing gb racing products, I click what Is described as being the cover for my year model (2012)

https://www.ukracesupport.com/products/triumph-daytona-675-r-2011-12-street-triple-r-2011-16-clutch-cover

Only the description states "designed to fit the OEM Alternator cover embossed with Triumph"

Having just ground that part, I check my photo back catalogue and find this, which I've cropped..

IMG-20220717-053310-hdr-2.jpg

So the question is, do I actually need to be ordering this..

https://www.ukracesupport.com/products/triumph-daytona-675-2006-10-street-triple-2008-10-alternator-cover

Or does it not really matter?

@lorenzo, you've had one in the past IIRC.. any idea?

I have many Daytonas (6 and a Street Triple 765).

My 2011 675R Daytona had the Triumph logo on the alternator cover.

The metal engine covers themselves are interchangeable, but I've never tried to interchange the GB Racing plastic covers. Those would appear to be different from the part numbers.

It would therefore seem that your 2012 bike would originally have had the Triumph logo on it, but has at some point been replaced by the earlier non-logo cover.

I have a few spare GB Racing protective engine covers, do you want me to have a look and see what might suit you? PM me if you like.

Edited by Novarally
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I had a couple of 675's but both had gb racing covers on there from day 1, so I don't remember what it was like underneath. That said, if the gaskets are the same then I would take a chance that the cover should be interchangeable. If you had a logo on there then you might have an issue as it sticks out a bit but as yours is smooth then I would think that any cover with the same bolt holes will do a job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Novarally said:

I have many Daytonas (6 and a Street Triple 765).

My 2011 675R Daytona had the Triumph logo on the alternator cover.

The metal engine covers themselves are interchangeable, but I've never tried to interchange the GB Racing plastic covers. Those would appear to be different from the part numbers.

It would therefore seem that your 2012 bike would originally have had the Triumph logo on it, but has at some point been replaced by the earlier non-logo cover.

I have a few spare GB Racing protective engine covers, do you want me to have a look and see what might suit you? PM me if you like.

That's great insight, thanks.  And yes please.. pm incoming :)