Replacement for well- nuts

wildcard996

I have a taller screen on the Crosstourer which causes buffetting around my helmet...oooeeer missus. I bought an adjustable screen screen extension which clips to the top of the screen and works perfectly, directs air over my head, and works so well I can ride in the rain with my visro open, except.....................It knackers the well nuts holding the screen on. A couple of times now I have found the screen moving and when i've re-secured it the well nuts are ripping or have popped through.

IMG_3823

Having just ridden arounf 100 miles without the deflector its a pain in the back end. So, my plan is to refit the screen with either:

a)   use rubber washers between the screen and and mount and a washer and nyloc to secure (screen - rubber washer - mount -steel washer - nyloc)

or 

b) as above but also have a rubber washer before the washer and nyloc (screen - rubber washer - mount - rubber washer - steel washer - nyloc)

is the additional rubber washer overkill? Is securing the screen more securely risking damage?

Do the well nuts secure through the plastic main screen?

If they do, I’d be tempted to put a steel washer on the back of new well nut and give it a more solid surface to expand into.

• Like 1