Lowering the seat height on a 748?

2Smoke

Mornin all, my better half managed to get herself a bargain 748 at the weekend but her legs are a little bit too small for it!

She can hold it on tippy toes but is not quite comfortable at manouvering it, and understandibly scared of dropping the little red beastie..

Soo any way of lowering the seat height? A friend who works in a shop suggested turning the rear wheel eccentric adjuster through 180 degrees so the wheel sits higher in the swingarm :mellow:

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Paul

DO NOT TRY AND LOWER THE REAR RIDE HEIGHT MECHANICALLY!!!!

You will fuck up the handling to a point where it is dangerous as there will be so little weight over the front wheel.

So why do they fit ride height adjusters? If it slows the steering down a little I will work the front to compensate. Putting a shorter shock on will have a similar effect; I have read of people doing this without ending up with a 'dangerous handling' bike. All I was after was any tricks duc owners might have for lowering the arse. I'm a competent time served mechanic so have a vauge idea of whats going on :icon_salut:

And there's a steering damper fitted to calm and slap happy tendancies it could get... :eusa_dance:

Cheers

Paul

Ok I take what you say on board, so getting springs is probably the best course of action and maybe the cheapest option? Back shock is very hard even with the preload wound off, god knows what the sag is meant to be but its not very much as is. Even with 100kg of me sat on it.

I didnt want to go raising the forks through the yokes too much as its a tad on the sensitive side as is, it always seems that there is plenty of weight over the front with it setup as is?

She's not massively too short, but is just on the ball of her foot at a standstill and she's not comfortable like that. I know its always a ballache to be fucking with the ride height of any bike but I dont want to see her drop this one like the last one...

Archived