RGV250.co.uk forum to close.

Ray Von

Just read that Sean is closing the RGV250.co.uk forum page in January 2027 unless another operator wants to take it on. 

Shame it's coming to this but site traffic is very low thesedays. 

To think I joined it in May 2004 and all the years I've had out of it, friends I've made raced with over the years, be a sad day. 

So time to download and archive some of the info before it's lost forever. 

Nothing lasts forever I suppose.

Edited by Ray Von
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, TLRS said:

Maybe it can be adopted into another forum..

Ton of info collated on there over the years, definitely needs archiving. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

Ton of info collated on there over the years, definitely needs archiving. 

Has the info been sorted a bit? 

Maybe ai can sort some of it and compile it. Or copy the data/forum completely onto a harddrive..?

Oh crap, I had a good few years on there.

There was some really good information for dumb arses like me!

10 hours ago, Enzo200500 said:

@crm is this something you could possibly do?

Nah mate, its like playing whack a mole with 400greybike and a couple of others trying to keep the spam bots away. 
I appreciate where his head is 100% a sense of loyalty and pride  v costs and time to just keep spammers away and a few folk can keep their preferred communication channel open
Even more difficult when you have things like email address's tied to the domain still in use so i guess this is why he wants someone to "manage" it

Disabling new registrations and making it read only at least only incurs costs then and minimal time. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 11:27 PM, EvilSpike said:

Is there a way of downloading a thread including photos into a .pdf document?

best you can do is file - print, and make a PDF of that particular page - for all the pages you want to print. 

Photobucket has pulled the nuclear option as well now, if you don't pay you are basically forced to delete your account or they'll claim it as their own and sell all your data. 

Older forums like Rgv250.co.uk and the Kr-1s forum are going to be empty, even if they keep going, as everyone used photobucket to host their photo's back in the day.

51 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Photobucket has pulled the nuclear option as well now, if you don't pay you are basically forced to delete your account or they'll claim it as their own and sell all your data. 

Thanks for the heads up. Kicked photobucket into touch couple of years ago but didn’t realise I risked handing over the IP of my photos.

gent of a company.

Can we still expect such places to offer free photo storage? It's no longer 2006 you know.. when internet was still largely occupied with enthusiasts..

Lot of info could have been better organised too. But that's just not what seems to happen most of the time. Some forums do it. Where the thread is used as a place to post but also to collect the useful stuff into a start post. Does require acting like a grown up and that can be a high price too you know :P

9 hours ago, TLRS said:

Can we still expect such places to offer free photo storage? It's no longer 2006 you know.. when internet was still largely occupied with enthusiasts..

No. If you want a service (that isn’t just scraping your data and selling it on or worse) you should pay for it. These platforms are expensive to build and run. I actually pay for a Flickr account now instead of Photobucket.

Edited by David W
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, David W said:

No. If you want a service (that isn’t just scraping your data and selling it on or worse) you should pay for it. These platforms are expensive to build and run. I actually pay for a Flickr account now instead of Photobucket.

I use this lot for uploading pics on here.

https://postimg.cc/MnNj3mjM

Should I not? 

Edited by Lee
Link

12 minutes ago, Lee said:

I use this lot for uploading pics on here.

https://postimg.cc/MnNj3mjM

Should I not? 

If it’s free to use, they must be getting their money from somewhere. In Internet world that’s either VC funding (who will want a return on investment at some point), advertising revenues or selling your data. Or a combination of all three. It will be in the 30 pages of T&Cs we all completely ignore when we sign up for these things…
Take your pick 😂

• Like 1