LDC 2024 - The Ride

TKDMitch

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

I salute you sir @hawkati

Likewise you, last time! It's only providence that's prevented us being on track at the same time...the horror!😂

James, you are a legend. I’m a bit in awe of what you do. The world would be a lesser place without you. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oggy411 said:

James, you are a legend. I’m a bit in awe of what you do. The world would be a lesser place without you. 

This

• Like 1

y'all making me blush dammit. 

More to the point, there's buggerall people from here doing the event now - it's evolved into a scramble involving racers and captains of industry, along with a smattering of textile botherers on dullsvilles. Won't someone think of the pb-evo kittens? be good if a fukketonne of you lot took part next year and sort of reclaimed it for the forum...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

More to the point, there's buggerall people from here doing the event now - it's evolved into a scramble involving racers and captains of industry, along with a smattering of textile botherers on dullsvilles. Won't someone think of the pb-evo kittens? be good if a fukketonne of you lot took part next year and sort of reclaimed it for the forum...

If I can get things lined up, maybe. I might have to get exemption for a bike, as I'm selling the Katana on to someone on the forum. No profit involved, selling for a little less than what the bike and bits stand me at but it might finally see some spanners.

• Like 1

I’d love to do it, I really would. My back and left hand would let me down though, I just don’t have the physical fitness to ride for over 20 hours. Anyone who completes it has my utmost admiration. Anyone who does it 8 times has as many titles as Marquez

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, oggy411 said:

I’d love to do it, I really would. My back and left hand would let me down though, I just don’t have the physical fitness to ride for over 20 hours. Anyone who completes it has my utmost admiration. Anyone who does it 8 times has as many titles as Marquez

The larf was for the marky thing, not your fitness. Muchly hope whatever the issue is you recover fully.

..those block passes I did though...😈

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hawkati said:

The larf was for the marky thing, not your fitness. Muchly hope whatever the issue is you recover fully.

..those block passes I did though...😈

Base of my spine is bad but that’s manageable. Real issue is the nerve damage to my left hand. I can ride with breaks for around 150 miles before the pain makes it difficult to operate the clutch. 

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, oggy411 said:

Base of my spine is bad but that’s manageable. Real issue is the nerve damage to my left hand. I can ride with breaks for around 150 miles before the pain makes it difficult to operate the clutch. 

bugger - gas powere quickshifter? mate has utterly knacked knees so he's got a push button shifter - it's great! 

25 minutes ago, hawkati said:

bugger - gas powere quickshifter? mate has utterly knacked knees so he's got a push button shifter - it's great! 

I did think of that but then read that the 10r doesn’t like quickshifters as they can cause the gearbox to fail. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, hawkati said:

Already looking at (un)suitable bikes my good fellow. 👍 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, oggy411 said:

I did think of that but then read that the 10r doesn’t like quickshifters as they can cause the gearbox to fail. 

Honda DCT? I know it's not in budget but there was an exception class this year. 

21 minutes ago, B1257 said:

Already looking at (un)suitable bikes my good fellow. 👍 

Do you want one?

5 hours ago, hawkati said:

All things being even I will be on it next year

• Like 4

Just now, EXUPDEL said:

All things being even I will be on it next year

excellent - what weapon of choice would sir be contemplating? 

4 minutes ago, hawkati said:

excellent - what weapon of choice would sir be contemplating? 

Either of these20230625_110338.jpg.0cfd9bf29dff9d05694a1af47d1bb9e3.jpg20231123_161519(1).jpg.c5c4edfd033036ffda71f8571204bfcb.jpg

Between them I'll make 1 good bike. I bought the red one from the Leg End Jim Lindsay

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B1257 said:

Honda DCT? I know it's not in budget but there was an exception class this year. 

That’s actually not a bad shout. 

2 hours ago, oggy411 said:

That’s actually not a bad shout. 

Or perhaps an Aprilia Mana 850 for extra obscurity points. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1aPldgRYHSSjKhtLFk6F

They even made one with a fairing for added comfort 👌🏻

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

Either of these20230625_110338.jpg.0cfd9bf29dff9d05694a1af47d1bb9e3.jpg20231123_161519(1).jpg.c5c4edfd033036ffda71f8571204bfcb.jpg

Between them I'll make 1 good bike. I bought the red one from the Leg End Jim Lindsay

Hooray for the mighty fireplace!

(Don't think i'd have done it without high bars, though)

1 hour ago, vfiend said:

Hooray for the mighty fireplace!

(Don't think i'd have done it without high bars, though)

yeah I want to look at grafting a firestorm front end onto one of the frames. Either that or look at messing around with the fork internals and seeing if I can make them longer so the clip ons can be mounted on top of the yokes instead of underneath

Here's an amazing thing, the LDC is so close to raising £100k for the second year running! Nearly £93k as I type this!

So if there is anyone on the forum reading this that hasn't chucked in, or if anyone finds a tenner in the street, it's not too late to chuck it to the LDC and help beat cancer.

That wouldn't be a bad achievement would it? :)

• Like 6

Ey up, just thought I’d share a drone shot from the meet up at Lands End… my blade was the one that was almost finished at Pitstop 4… went on the ferry unsure she would make Inverness.. but with a great lad Mike on his zzr600 we pushed on into the night, having a very close encounter with Bambi in the rain on the run alongside Loch Ness… 

CF4E0359-D6E1-4268-99F0-6780A2CC0E1B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Northernmotovlog said:

my blade was the one that was almost finished at Pitstop 4… went on the ferry unsure she would make Inverness..

Glad you made it to the end of the run, did you manage find out what the temperature issue was? 

3 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Glad you made it to the end of the run, did you manage find out what the temperature issue was? 

Cheers dude! Yeah from Pitstop 2 to 3 was some heavy filtering in Sheffield and some other yorkshirerer towns and she must have developed a weep,  and steamed off a bit of coolant over the day when in heavy traffic… it only became apparent in the roadworks just shy of the boat… a boiling hot kettle and away we went!! Once temp was down and it got cold and started pissing down I was in business 🤣

• Like 1

Sheffield was almost a city too far, but glad you made it without blowing yer top.

Good you're here too....have a browse around everywhere,  pop the kettle on and help yourself to chocolate bourbons. Some prefer hobnobs but that's fighting talk😈

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hawkati said:

Sheffield was almost a city too far, but glad you made it without blowing yer top.

Good you're here too....have a browse around everywhere,  pop the kettle on and help yourself to chocolate bourbons. Some prefer hobnobs but that's fighting talk😈

Yeah, Sheffield the city where I nearly lost my load without realising 🤣 I’ll hang around mate.. on the subject of a brew and bourbons (I like them) have you tried toffee pops? Now they are a proper thing 👌 

• Haha 1