LDC 2024 - The Ride

TKDMitch

This is it folks, the thread where you can follow the events of the LDC 2024.

For folks new to PB, this is the event dreamed up here, run by people from here, and still entered by many of the long standing people of this forum.

It's our event :)

We've already raised over £75,000 this year, and would dearly love to break the £100,000 mark again.

So if you possibly can, donate a few quid via the link below.

If you use Facebook, Twitter or Insta please like and share all our posts, and tell everyone you know about us.

https://fb.watch/sP5bD9p1zP/

Longest Day Up 2024 (cancerresearchuk.org)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

God speed you amazing gents!

See you at pit stop 1. 

• Like 3

This year we have trackers on the bikes, supplied by BikeTrac

This means I can see where our riders are at all times :)

image.png.1337868714d381184c2baad918a75a0d.png

Obviously I'm not pretending this is a motion tracker from Aliens and making "ping ping" noises every time I look at it :D

• Haha 10

The LDC is a serious challenge of navigation skills as well as endurance. After yesterday this gives me some cause for concern...

448728827_808465231391536_4233014377398019459_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Rich and Matt are the first riders to make Pitstop 1, going well. Last riders are about an hour behind them. Nigel Rea's tracker isn't reading properly, honestly on past experience he might already be at JOG :D

• Haha 3

weather conditions are pretty much perfect in south yorkshire, its dry with a light cloud cover. and its not too hot.

• Like 1

Everyone through P1.

• Like 3

Apologies for brief interruption, daughter stopped play :D

As @B1257said, all through P1 and pressing on now. Let's salute the great volunteers there before we start looking at P2 and finding out exactly how unhinged years of the LDC have left Hawkati, video coming soon :D

May be an image of 12 people and text

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Fair winds and following seas to all the riders, will get a donation sorted later.

• Like 2

image.png.dd88782c8c93185c15188b3a085f45d7.png

The trackers are working well, that's Matt and Rich in front, closely followed by James and Nigel.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

We even have a live stream of Pitstop 2, viewers discretion advised :D

I think @wavey is doing live commentary!

This is like Senior TT day used to be for me, tuning into Manx Radio AM with a bag of chips, trying to figure out who's winning 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, blow_away said:

20240620_091652

The biggest crew I can remember having at P1. Thanks to you all everyone, great work today.

Names please. I recognise a few faces, but can I my name you Al. Apologies to anybody else from the forum🙂

20240620_091650

?, ?, Dan Mills (veteran LDC rider), ?, sorry I forgot I'm getting worse each day 😢, Darryl, Callum Thunderbolt, moi, Ian Versatile, ?, Barrie, Steve and Dan.

Please correct my mistakes and fill in the ones I forgot. I'm sorry, dementia runs through the male line of my family and I can recognise the signs in myself. The important thing is you all make an important contribution to this extraordinary event, and without you guys CRUK would be short of half a million quid.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, blow_away said:

20240620_091650

?, ?, Dan Mills (veteran LDC rider), ?, sorry I forgot I'm getting worse each day 😢, Darryl, Callum Thunderbolt, moi, Ian Versatile, ?, Barrie, Steve and Dan.

Please correct my mistakes and fill in the ones I forgot. I'm sorry, dementia runs through the male line of my family and I can recognise the signs in myself. The important thing is you all make an important contribution to this extraordinary event, and without you guys CRUK would be short of half a million quid.

FIVE

HUNDRED 

THOUSAND 

POUNDS

!

!

!

• Like 5

Jack Taylor is stopped with a broken fuel pump, and Bob Harris has problems with the lights on his ZZR, but the Pitstop crew are sorting both of them, well done gents! Other riders are through P2.

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1