Glue a cable tie???

ssray

The zzr11 has a really long throttle and as I'm a riding god I spend most of my time WOT .

The idea is glue a cable tie to the throttle tube to make it a larger diameter and a quicker action throttle.

I've tried gorilla epoxy - it didn't work 

I've tried super glue that didn't work either 

Any ideas? 

Ta Ray 

Er, I wouldn't be playing around with the throttle if it were mine.

The thought of the bodged cable tie coming loose and either killing the speed or worse jamming open, would always be on my mind.

Isn't there any aftermarket QA throttle solutions already out there?

No idea on ZZR11's but here's a couple of search results

https://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/buy/domino-krr-quick-action-throttle-1-4-turn,-single-speed-with-grips/335703-02.htm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284516179268

Edited by heds954

In theory it's a good idea. Someone used to make inserts for the TL throttle tube. Others fitted r1 or r6 throttle tubes. Trick is to figure out what fits your bike.

Just buy a QA throttle?

I used an R1 tube on my gsxr and it was an improvement but the proper QA throttle I bought was revolutionary 

I still go over to it after all these years and open it and go:  heh 😎

Edited by Johnno
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Off topic,  it's funny but I never gave  the throttle any thought  over the years. But how critical is it ? Exactly.

I bought a throttle tamer for my Beta 300. Now a 300 2T engine in a 100kg bike is touchy right off idle. Not scary,  just bloody frustrating when you are approaching an obstacle let's say and you need to be just trickling at a steady pace.

The throttle response is such that may as well have the choke on and ve moderating with the bloody kill switch. On off on off on off and every time you are it upsets you balance so you are wobbling.

Nek minnit you've failed and are fuming.

The tamer came with  an aluminium tube, spritz of silicon spray as you slide it on and it's just luxury. You get a few different cams that clip on the end in various degrees of reduction.

Basically the the cam is less agressive, you could achieve the same result with a stock tube and a file.  The bike doesn't feel gutless or less responsive in any way and infact it's qucker action past about a quarter or less.

It really enhanced my riding experience,  it's great when something works that well.

There's some clever buggers out there eh.

Edited by Johnno
  • Like 2

I'm thinking hot glue gun now.

If it works then I'll go new throttle tube or QA throttle.

If this works then I'm quids in 

10 hours ago, Johnno said:

Off topic,  it's funny but I never gave  the throttle any thought  over the years. But how critical is it ? Exactly.

I bought a throttle tamer for my Beta 300. Now a 300 2T engine in a 100kg bike is touchy right off idle. Not scary,  just bloody frustrating when you are approaching an obstacle let's say and you need to be just trickling at a steady pace.

The throttle response is such that may as well have the choke on and ve moderating with the bloody kill switch. On off on off on off and every time you are it upsets you balance so you are wobbling.

Nek minnit you've failed and are fuming.

The tamer came with  an aluminium tube, spritz of silicon spray as you slide it on and it's just luxury. You get a few different cams that clip on the end in various degrees of reduction.

Basically the the cam is less agressive, you could achieve the same result with a stock tube and a file.  The bike doesn't feel gutless or less responsive in any way and infact it's qucker action past about a quarter or less.

It really enhanced my riding experience,  it's great when something works that well.

There's some clever buggers out there eh.

When I tried to ride trials, there was a a proper talented lad called Pete. He could do stuff on a bike that we couldn’t even understand. He wanted a snappier throttle, an instant switch. He modified the tube, but critically not the housing. So half way round the loop it passed the stop and broke. He did the second half of the loop with no throttle,  modified a front brake to be his throttle for the rest of the trial, one lever for stop, one for go. He still beat us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1