Battery Recommendations

squirrel_hunter

I'm sure this has been covered before so my apologies, I've also googled it, but mainly get noise back...

So I need to get a new battery for my little Grom. Its been a while since I bought one, I usually just buy a lead acid fill and charge it myself, but since the hard of thinking started throwing the contents at each other I understand you cant do that any more. But it got me thinking as there are other type of battery tech what should I go for, a sealed lead acid, a gel, a lith ion? And do I need to do anything with the charging system on the bike or off the bike?

None of this is clear to me, thanks.

Or me. But if you use the search function on this forum (top right), and use ‘battery’ or ‘batteries’ and click the drop down next to it and select ‘topics’ it’ll return all the threads where batteries have been discussed.

8 hours ago, squirrel_hunter said:

I'm sure this has been covered before so my apologies, I've also googled it, but mainly get noise back...

So I need to get a new battery for my little Grom. Its been a while since I bought one, I usually just buy a lead acid fill and charge it myself, but since the hard of thinking started throwing the contents at each other I understand you cant do that any more. But it got me thinking as there are other type of battery tech what should I go for, a sealed lead acid, a gel, a lith ion? And do I need to do anything with the charging system on the bike or off the bike?

None of this is clear to me, thanks.

Sure a lithium battery is available for a Grom. May need a specific lithium charger but there are differing views on that. Would save a bit of weight which is probably a good thing on a little tiddler. 

Edit - check eBay as lithium batteries are available for Groms £80-90 

Edited by marvin

Lithium batteries feel like science fiction compared to traditional ones, but I’d question the point of putting one on a Grom.

Just go to Honda dealer and buy a normal spare if you’re that unsure.

The lithium battery on my GSXR600 is 12 years old,  still works 😐

Apparently that's the key, don't use them.

The one I got for my DRZ400 died the death of a dog.

Yuasa for traditional battery, Shido or Shorai for lithium for me anyways