Fork Extensions

kja.busa

Good? Bad? A necessary evil? Or best avoided?

Gsxr1100WS forks are 770mm, from wheel spindle centre to fork top. And extremely hard to find. Gsxr1000L7 forks are 722mm, so a difference of 48mm, too much to just slide through the yokes and lose that much ground clearance.

Thoughts and opinions please.

A lot of racerd ran fork extensions on that era gsxr1000 to optimise geometry.  You may find something of the shelf to suit. 

• Like 1

How do they work, top hats to stick in the top yoke that have pinch bolts or something, or, something that screws in the top of the fork and has an extension for the adjuster?

1 minute ago, porter_jamie said:

How do they work, top hats to stick in the top yoke that have pinch bolts or something, or, something that screws in the top of the fork and has an extension for the adjuster?

Normally they screw into the fork and are hollow allowing the damping adjusters to remain in the same place.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

A lot of racerd ran fork extensions on that era gsxr1000 to optimise geometry.  You may find something of the shelf to suit. 

Yoshimura make them, but not much more than 15mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145194217020?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=42OmzRpNTS2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=M3tvlI0kRRK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by kja.busa

The K7 750 forks in mine are 20mm extensions I think that @Webby got from a place in the US if i remember correctly

1 minute ago, El Gringo said:

The K7 750 forks in mine are 20mm extensions I think that @Webby got from a place in the US if i remember correctly

GP Suspension or something like that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bazzer107 said:

These have 50mm and 75mm fork entension kits but are in Aus, but it gives you an idea.

https://www.extremecreations.com.au/fork-extensions-50mm-75mm

They look pukka, Ive just had some stuff from Extreme Creations, really top quality too

• Like 1