Emil Schwarz bearings; Anyone speak German...

Guest bikertiger

Guest bikertiger

I read a couple of months back a review in PB of I think a Z1000

The article made a note of the use of Emil Schwarz bearings in the Chassis

Why do they improve the chassis? Do any English companies produce similar, and how much and where from?

A precision bearing is a precision bearing. Krauts just like kraut bearings.

A timken or any other high quality bearing manufacturer will be able to replicate the tolerances of the Schwarz jobs.

The Germans don't like emails from "abroad". I've emailed PVM as well as a few other German companies over the past few weeks and none reply. I've even attempted to email them in German, but I think they just read them out in the office, falling about laughing at this English dude's appalling syntax.

Just give them a call; I think a lot of german companies are not able to translate german into english by mail.

Real problem; France, no one speaks (or wants to speak) english or dutch...

• 2 weeks later...

hello mates.....

i´d like to help you, if needed anylonger. i´m from austria (yess, KTM country ;o), and my native language is german. i also hope that i´m quite okay with my english, as well....so let me know what you want and i can contact mr. emil schwarz via emither......

best regards

fred

What are you doing replacing bearings BT? You know it's not fun, don't you. Any difference you'll notice is slim to say the least. Get yourself a decent bearing supplier and then, if you're still in the mood for fitting posh ones, just order them with higher tolerances than stock. Even then, you'll still not notice the difference apart from the fact that you'll have spent a whole day replacing something and will have an oily face afterwrads.

Archived