my steering feels really light?!

addiction269

any ideas why all of a sudden my steering feels very light when riding? and is very twitchy on the road, i know it was cold and damp today but something didnt feel right...

any ideas why all of a sudden my steering feels very light when riding? and is very twitchy on the road, i know it was cold and damp today but something didnt feel right...
Checked the pressure?

yeah its fine, there fairly new tyres but had a good few hundred miles on them I have got a stinkin cold so it could just be me!

Yeah a cold play merry hell with your inner ear and there fore your balance or sense of!!!

Try sitting closer to the tank/ move your shoulders forward??

i dont do wheelies, knackers the front end! found the cause to be a slow puncture in the rear, fuckin great! more money on new tyres!!!

repair kit every time. £15 and it'll last as long as the tyre.

Try sitting closer to the tank/ move your shoulders forward??

+1 on the plug, they are fine and cheap, you have nothing to fear.

always check tire pressure in both tires if something feels off, it is usually the cause, then you will find that damn nail.

everyone i go to will not plug a tyre, had one done before was excellent, and its dead centre, right in the meaty part of the tyre, definately worth a repair if i can get someone to do it. Or is it worth gettin a repair kit and doing myself? never done it plus looks easy enough.

Dead easy, I did (the long lost) bikertigers tyre for him a couple of months back. It was the first time in a few years since I'd last done it, but it soon came flooding back. I cocked up on the first go and split the first plug before it actually got in the tyre, but the one that went in OK has held since as far as I know. He even did a track day on it a couple of weeks later.

Give it a go, it's as simple as can be and you'll wonder why you ever worried about it. I keep a little kit under my seat; it's the most valuable tool you'll ever have on your bike and yet no manufacturers ever have them, probably because some dick will try and do his sidewall and then sue them or something.

Oddly enough my R1100S came with a plug kit under the seat, with the CO2 bulbs and everything!

*sigh*

3 weeks and counting...

yeah i imagine there are fools who would try and do that! so any kits that are recommended??

This is the kit I've got but in the past I think it was number1 who got a really nice one from somewhere (busters maybe) for about £25, a nice tool with a handle and about 10 repair dongles, which makes it pretty decent value, especially if you get loads of punctures.

Also, don't buy the CO2 canisters off ebay etc, go to a bicycle shop, they're half the price plus they do super big cartridges there that'll do a back tyre in 1 go, rather than using 2/3 little 'uns.

Archived