Cbr 600(95 model) Swinging arm swop

juboy

Hi dose anyone know if there is a rear swining arm that will fit in a 95 cbr600 so that i can use a fireblade rear wheel?.The blade wheel is about 20mm wider and wont fit.Or will a single sider go in?.Hope you can help Ju

Why do you want to use the blade wheel? Is it so you can use a 180 or 190 tyre? Is it tyre clearance or actual wheel (hub) clearance probs you've got?

Are you sure you want to fit a fatter tyre? My old cbr handled fine with a 170 supercorsa on there.

Hi dose anyone know if there is a rear swining arm that will fit in a 95 cbr600 so that i can use a fireblade rear wheel?.The blade wheel is about 20mm wider and wont fit.Or will a single sider go in?.Hope you can help Ju

It should be possible to fit a single sider in. I have done it with my 87 CBR as you can see HERE

It wasn't easy, mind.

I did have to get a few mm machine from one side of the swinging arm, and also get som top-hat spacers made, and frig with the bearing configuration, quite a bit.

Not sure wether you would want to go to all that trouble, or you just want something to slot straight in.

Basically, I am of the opinion that you could make anything fit anything, if you're prepared to frig about for long enough.

Why do you want to use the blade wheel? Is it so you can use a 180 or 190 tyre? Is it tyre clearance or actual wheel (hub) clearance probs you've got?

Are you sure you want to fit a fatter tyre? My old cbr handled fine with a 170 supercorsa on there.

Just want to run wider rubber,got supercorsa's on now and they are good but i dont think the do a 170 any more.Ju

Archived