Wish I'd kept it - RS350 hybrid

banoffee

only rode it a limited amount as it wasn't road legal but it seemed to have made no negative effect. was originally built as a race bike by Stan the man

Mwah ha ha. Ha ha haaaaa. MWAH HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. MWAH HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Now that's asking for trouble. How much and what is the lead time? ;)

I am still waiting for Steve the guy that runs Twostrokeshop to get back to me about a set of their exhausts for my RD/RGV/421 project which is using a slightly smaller version of the TS500 lump(you can see that engine in my signature photo) in a Yam LC frame

I bought all my engine parts a while ago from the USA when the pound was at its strongest to the dollar :huh:

If this project goes well and the hype about the power outputs is true i will be looking into building my own TS500 track bike :o

But as for the cost?

If you include revalved suspension and replacing all the consumables on an rs250 and then dropping a 500 lump in, the build then it will probably cost you the same as a new discounted sportsbike :(

But as for the cost?

If you include revalved suspension and replacing all the consumables on an rs250 and then dropping a 500 lump in, the build then it will probably cost you the same as a new discounted sportsbike :o

That may be so, but which would you rather have? B)

• 4 weeks later...
How much do a set of those barrels/head/pistons cost?

A guy called Norbo imports Cheetah + Cub big bore kits for the ypvs rd which is what the TS500 engine is based on.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ultimatelccrazy/

Click on wanted for sale.

And click on big bore kits for some prices.

Alternatively Trinity racing will sell the same kit to you from the United States

http://www.trinityracing.com/

:D

Archived