Clutch fierce on your K6 1000?

chancho196

I read about this modification on Gixxer.com and what a difference!

Beforehand, when letting the clutch out in a hurry, the bike would lurch forward either almost stalling or dropping you off the back if you had more revs. Now it is so progressive and silky smooth. Well worth doing.

It probably didn't help with one of the clutch plates in three pieces. :eusa_think:

clutch4.jpg

If anyone's interested in the mod, I'll either link you or write it up here. :(

Link or post here would be good, assume this applies to the K5 too? Mind you, my clutch seems pretty good TBH.

I take it you mean fitting the softer concave rear spring from the 750 and drilling the extra oil holes ?

Not convinced the holes make much difference mind but the spring works a treat :(

:( That's the beauty Trigger. I think the oil holes were to copy the K7 clutch basket and it can only help. They've drilled extra holes in the baskets of 'crossers for better oil flow for years.

What a difference to the clutch action though! (The washer that is).

This is the link. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136907

:icon_salut: That's the beauty Trigger. I think the oil holes were to copy the K7 clutch basket and it can only help. They've drilled extra holes in the baskets of 'crossers for better oil flow for years.

What a difference to the clutch action though! (The washer that is).

This is the link. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136907

It seems this has been a problem with suzuki clutches for some time....we have a busa with a clutch that was a bastard to use off the line. Suzuki altered it slightly in the later models and we used the kit on the older one to improve it.

also some bikes are more effected than others....how does that happen???!!!

It seems this has been a problem with suzuki clutches for some time....we have a busa with a clutch that was a bastard to use off the line. Suzuki altered it slightly in the later models and we used the kit on the older one to improve it.

also some bikes are more effected than others....how does that happen???!!!

Well I must admit to never having any issues with my Busa or K7 Gixer but the K6 was fucking dangerous! Whenever you pulled up between cars at a junction (especially on a hill) and tried to make a quick getaway, it would jolt forward uncontrollably. It was a case of clutch in, off the throttle and try again a little more slowly by which time the cars were leaving the line on both sides of you. Now it bites at mid point and is smooth no matter what the revs. :thumbsup:

Archived