Bent forks

Weasel

Quick Q. My mate had a "deer/Fazer" interface and fucked his front end. Bike not face. Does anyone have any experience of straightening bent forks? Good idea?

I had the forks straightened on my NSR, one was proper banana but it went back ok.

I think the case is its ok if bent, not if creased.

However, its not as strong as it once was.

When I fooked my VFR forks I just bought a 2nd hand set from DK Spares, but I got trade discount which made it worthwhile, ebay may be the way forward, just for peace of mind.

Either that or new stanchions, £50 each, cheaper than OE, Staniforths get em via Italy.

I am seriously considering using the less bent left stanchion at the moment though due to some leakage (screwdriver incident - i'm a silly twat).

I had the forks straightened on my NSR, one was proper banana but it went back ok.

I think the case is its ok if bent, not if creased.

However, its not as strong as it once was.

When I fooked my VFR forks I just bought a 2nd hand set from DK Spares, but I got trade discount which made it worthwhile, ebay may be the way forward, just for peace of mind.

Either that or new stanchions, £50 each, cheaper than OE, Staniforths get em via Italy.

I am seriously considering using the less bent left stanchion at the moment though due to some leakage (screwdriver incident - i'm a silly twat).

Thanks.

I don't like the idea of using weak forks and this is what I advised him but I then started feeling like I was being a bit over-cautious.

• 2 months later...

hi ya, i bent the forks on me old pantah, but the tubes were pretty thick, not like on modern usd forks.i straightened them at work with a haydraulic press and then rolled them to see if they were straight. worked fine and they never snapped or bent.

Archived