visor question

addiction269

i need a tinted visor, ive had the half tint before that was ok as was road legal but need something a bit more substantial so looking for a mirroe finish or iridium one - just wanted to know if these cut the glare down? cheers

I would go for a dark visor over an iriduim one any day. Dark visors are made from dark plastic (obviously!) and the tint is in the actual plastic but the iridium ones are coated and can scratch very easily. I had a blue iridium one years ago and had to so careful cleaning it so as not to damage the coating. My dark visor that i have now is far easier to clean.

I had an old iridium visor lent to me for a trackday once as I'd not got a tinted one and it was sunny. First session out a fly hit me square in the visor, big squishy mess all over the place. I gave it a quick wipe with my glove to try and get rid of the debris, and the whole lot started flaking off. I did a couple of laps but it was looking through a kalidoscope, so I can in and swappe dback to my clear one and simply squinted a bit.

Stay well clear of the iridium.. like than says they are a bugger to clean when you have alot of bugs to clear, you usually end up taking the iridium coating off as well as the bugs....it did with my blue one some 5 years ago never used it since.

Having said that, also have a very light tinted visor witha goldish iridium coat and that is my wet visor which I take a great deal of care with, and the iridium is still there no bare patches at all, however I use tearoffs .. even on the road and they really protect it verywell.. however dont use tearoffs in the wet.....

I also use tear off on my regular dark visor.. MAGIC.....face full of bugs, tear off and hey presto all clear no smeered bugs just clear vision......cheap as well......

Well thats my 2 penneth...

SteveT

RHRC

Hi tear offs in the wet is a no no you get water in between the tear off and the visor, which is patchy and this can lead to distortion in your field of vision, and then it also starts moving about as you ride, very off putting...

in the dry they are great......

All the best

SteveT

RHRC

Archived