yamaha engine

Devon

right i have a set of crankcases for a yamaha engine in my garage but i have no idea what they are from, i have the engine number which is: *351-601635 if anyone can help that would be great

How do you know it's the 350 and not the 250? Is it to do with the 351 at the beginning of the number?

How do you know it's the 350 and not the 250? Is it to do with the 351 at the beginning of the number?

Er... I don't, not really. It just *looks* like an RD350 engine

I had a ypvs FII model and stripped the engine down... as you do.

it could well be a 250 for all I know, but the 351 part number also rings a bell with me

phone a Yamaha dealer / Yamaha UK with the engine number

yeh i did that and rang up bridge motorcycles in exeter and he said that he couldnt help and i wouldnt be able to find out what the engine was without the frame number? and when i asked him if he knew anywhere else i might be able to find out from he didnt have a clue

With a waterpump housing on the right hand side?

Fair point, I dont know shite, but it looked Yamaha and not being black.....

Coat?.......

Gone.......

As far as I can tell it isnt a RD350LC or YPVS cos the waterpump on them is above the crank on the non drive side, also the TZ series used air cooled style cases and the waterpump was electronic I think. As far as I can tell there is no sign of a waterpump on this thing, the plastic gear is more likely to be an oil pump drive isn't it? The flat plate above the gearbox output shaft usually has the engine number stamped into it but yours appears blank. This would lead me to think that it is either some form of TD (the aircooled pre-sursor to the TZ) or it is an aircooled RD which has had some replacment cases from Yamaha at some point which are supplied with no engine number.

Archived