VTR1000 Assistance required

Gixxerthou

Some ones asked me if I can help him with this. Think it's an american SP1

********************************************************************************

I have a 2003 rvt 1000 rc51 i replaced the stator and regulator. The regulator is heating up my whole tail section , subframe . My reg. is located in tail the side of the subframe . The stator and reg. are after market anybody ever had this problem ? do need to relocate or is it something else , please help.

********************************************************************************

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Buy the Honda parts to replace the aftermarket? It should not be getting that hot, surely?

The reg/rec on many hondas can get really quite hot, and a decent afterarket on lots of 90's models is often a good bit better than the original ones. I'd make sure that the wiring to the stator etc is OK if he's replaced them, plus I'd make sure that the connections to the reg/rec aren't corroded as this'll cause an especially high current draw and can eventually lead to the connector melting completely. Other than that, I'd be looking on bike specific websites to see if there's a nice breezy place for the reg/rec to live.

The reg/rec on many hondas can get really quite hot, and a decent afterarket on lots of 90's models is often a good bit better than the original ones. I'd make sure that the wiring to the stator etc is OK if he's replaced them, plus I'd make sure that the connections to the reg/rec aren't corroded as this'll cause an especially high current draw and can eventually lead to the connector melting completely. Other than that, I'd be looking on bike specific websites to see if there's a nice breezy place for the reg/rec to live.

:icon_blackeye:

Sounds like an interesting theory. Cheers for that.

I'd be looking on bike specific websites to see if there's a nice breezy place for the reg/rec to live.

Or buy a 12v CPU cooling fan here and bond it to the rectifier, 12v pickup for the fan should be handy too.. Paint the fan blades yellow and you say it came off a Benelli Tornado...

Or buy a 12v CPU cooling fan here and bond it to the rectifier, 12v pickup for the fan should be handy too.. Paint the fan blades yellow and you say it came off a Benelli Tornado...

lol, can't be a bit of off the hoof improvisation!

Archived