sv650 slip on exhausts

spartan

The girlfrind has an sv650 2006 and wants a louder throatier exhaust me being the mechanical moron has no idea where to start any ideas?

I've got a Beowulf 380mm slip-on zorst on my sv at the moment, sounds great with the baffle out!

Exhuasts by Fuel, Carbon Can Company, Beowulf are pretty similar in terms of design and cost and are all a good choice. I know the Beowulfs come in 450mm long versions (standard exhaust size) and a shorter 380mm length. I think the longer ones sound a bit more bassy and the shorter ones are bit louder and raspier.

If you're looking to go really loud go for a Scorpion Street Extreme, a very short 260mm can! They look ace as well.

To fit the zorst you'll need to cut the standard can off from the rest of the system. Measure 50mm from the rearmost system weld and get an angle grinder to do the cut. A good hacksaw will do the job as well and put some cardboard behind the system to protect the swingarm. Don't be a dunce like me and do the cut with only one blunt hacksaw blade. Took me three bleeding hours to do the cut...

Hope that helps

I got a stainless oval road legal can for the Mrs '07 SV from Carbon Can Co. off of that ebay for £77, brand spanking new. The baffle can be removed but you have to get a Dremel or summat as it's tack welded in. TBH it sounds good with it in, definitely louder and raspier than standard, probably weighs about 10kg less too, but not 'attention-grabbingly' loud. I cut straight through the 'cat' and chiselled the remains of it out, breathes a little better without it, seems a bit smoother on and off the throttle too.

Oh, BTW, it's obligatory to fire up the SV after you've cut the standard can off, just so you can set the neighbours car alarm off a few times :icon_blackeye:

Have fun!

Archived