LDC 2021 The Ride

TKDMitch

34 minutes ago, fastfreddybikes said:

Great photos. Nice to see James wielding a hammer on his steed smashing it into submission. Like the sun rising in the east and setting behind the burnt out Astra. Love it.

James' adjusting the chain tension adjuster on the VFR, was just like watching a master Japanese swordsmith producing his latest Katana. Twas a beautiful thing to observe.

I actually questioned @srad34 for his hammer skills, as it was plainly obvious that he hadn't acquired certification from @hawkati.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Massive congrats to all the riders, sorry for the crap weather down here but atleast it dried up fairly quick,, superstars one and all👍

Top marks to everyone else involved making it happen and the pits crews etc,, its all helped to make a lovely large wedge of moolah going to a great charity!!  

Edited by firebeast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazing effort.  Well done all, have a safe trip back.

• Like 1

I got home about an hour ago.

240 miles to LE meeting @cuban peteon the way on Sunday 

23.5 hrs LEJOG Monday ish 

730 miles today 

My house is warm.

@firebeast we know who to blame for the weather 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

730 miles today 

My house is warm.

You sir are fucking  awesome 😉

Every part of me hurts... 

Going to work now 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

730 miles today 

My house is warm.

You started in pixie land, so it's their fault*,, I live in the normal bit of the England ok.. 😏

* be grateful, it stayed wet here most of the day, so the pixies knew you guys needed to dry out and did something useful,, for a change 😁

Lurching outside soon in Durness and the sun that was so welcome yesterday has been replaced by rain. Yuk. Onwards and downwards to the Isle of skye - it's warmer down south, right? 

Neck is absolutely fucked. Ongoing condition from before the event, my neck muscles simply don't work any more. Has anyone any spare bolts?

I'll do some kind of a proper write up & pics soon....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

Lurching outside soon in Durness and the sun that was so welcome yesterday has been replaced by rain. Yuk. Onwards and downwards to the Isle of skye - it's warmer down south, right? 

Neck is absolutely fucked. Ongoing condition from before the event, my neck muscles simply don't work any more. Has anyone any spare bolts?

I'll do some kind of a proper write up & pics soon....

I hope your stumbling across a few choice distilleries along your tour, to partake in a bit of refreshment,,👍

41 minutes ago, firebeast said:

I hope your stumbling across a few choice distilleries along your tour, to partake in a bit of refreshment,,👍

We got free Whisky at P5!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firebeast said:

I'm currently at Ullapool enjoying a solitary ray of sunlight and contemplating necking All of the painkillers. I literally cannot move my head at all now - this was ongoing before the event and now I have rigor mortis. 

Nevermind,  the Isle of skye and talisker distillery beckon...

• Sad 5

12 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

That's a nice way to warm the cockles towards the end of a very hard day's riding 👍

6 hours ago, cuban pete said:

That bottle is sort of looking at me right now . Doing my best not to neck it

Mine got necked within 5 mins of getting into the lodge at JoG! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, IforB said:

Mine got necked within 5 mins of getting into the lodge at JoG! 

I've resisted so far. Think I need a little souvenir to remember the ride... 

Other than the tinnitus, tingling hands and no doubt incoming speeding fines 😂

Edited by cuban pete
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cuban pete said:

I've resisted so far. Think I need a little souvenir to remember the ride... 

Other than the tinnitus, tingling hands and no doubt incoming speeding fines 😂

Oh I hear you on that. Or rather I could if it wasn't for my tinnitus too! 

I am somewhat concerned about what the postie will deliver over the next few days myself! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Absolutely gutted about that - I was offered a bag and went "no worries,  I'll just grab a bag of crisps and a kitkat" - didn't take the bag, didn't realise till the bitter end. Fack!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Leominster  - 71 miles till home. Almost dried out and I've gotta say it's great riding the 996 again!😛

• Like 9

On 6/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, Sidkinky said:

Looking forward to the write-ups. 
With a disclaimer from PB July 2005…. 😁

0-A59-D280-8752-47-C1-BD11-FD67-B26-C307

Errrr…….

Not gonna be anything in PS/PB this year I’m afraid. My message to the mag asking if they’d like me to write something for it FOC in return for a van for a the few days as per previous years was ignored without any response.

This years broom wagon was paid for by Mr. Rutter to the tune of £500.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Just now, johnnymack63 said:

Mr Rutter is a gentleman, thank him for us. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

Errrr…….

Not gonna be anything in PS/PB this year I’m afraid. My message to the mag asking if they’d like me to write something for it FOC in return for a van for a the few days as per previous years was ignored without any response.

Liking for Mr Rutter's contribution. 

Not liking you being ignored after so many years working for PB. That's just rude.

• Like 4

Just now, hawkati said:

Liking for Mr Rutter's contribution. 

Not liking you being ignored after so many years working for PB. That's just rude.

I made the mistake of saying what it was like to ride Guy Martin’s Hayabusa as part of my Hayabusa launch report in Fast Bikes (something I did while working for PB but was never used and so I never profited from).

Apparently that’s enough to make 14 years of loyalty worth nothing.

Silly me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

18 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

Errrr…….

I'm going to go with a massive thanks to Mr Rutter and a promise of a pint, coffee, bed for the night any time I can help out. He chose to do a brilliant thing.

To help out lmwhen you have nothing to gain from it is the mark of real gentleman, like McPint who took time during the event for a twitter pic too. What a choice to make.

PS/PB also made a choice concerning a charity event.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

Errrr…….

I meant more the spirit of PB as was. 
As for the rest of that - I’m speechless. But @TKDMitchspeaks the truth, so I’ll leave it there.

Fuck it, I won’t leave it there. That’s a dick move on the magazines part. 
While PB is long-dead, the mag/forum and the LDC are intimately linked - to completely blank the event and Johnny personally is just shite of the highest order.

Fuck ‘em.

Edited by Sidkinky
  • Like 7

Fucking hell. What a sour note to end LDU 2021.

@johnnymack63 do you think Fast Bikes, MCN maybe, would pick it up for 2022? In fact, how about 44 Teeth, Bike World, Henry Cole? All your hard work deserves more exposure than one magazine.

• Like 5

Worth asking for a response on their Facebook page?  And who would have ultimately made that decision?   Short sighted move

Or shall we just send them dick pics ? 

Edited by cuban pete
  • Haha 1

Best just leave it folks. They’ve made their position clear., there’s nothing to be gained by kicking off. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned anything, but a combination of a session in the pub last night and the question being asked if there was going to be any media follow up meant I probably shared something personal that I shouldn’t have.

As it happens, I believe Luke from Bennett’s will be doing a follow up on it, and they’re keen to support the event next year either via their bikesocial platform or Bennett’s or both.

• Like 14