Non sparky blade.

hawkati

9 minutes ago, dannn said:

Should be...well the 919 96/97 loom and CDI I have here only use 12 wires which corresponds to the two wiring diagrams I have.

Thinking about it I guess the later 919 98/99 may do something fancy with the ignition barrel with the cunty pink wire.

@hawkati how many wires have you got to the cdi on your loom...does it have that extra pink fucker I can see in the wiring diagram posted above which is different to one's I sent you ?

My old 99 6 fx stared using the Honda hiss stiff,which I assumed was when Honda got serious on hot wiring, but don't know which year they started that and I ain't a clue about the pinky fucker tbh, atleast not that pinky anyway 😁

A quick google.....yes the 98/99 919 loom is different as per the wiring diagram above with the extra pink wire.

Here is an old pic of my CDI plug:

cdiplug.jpg.31d5c141847deaad6679ff26a66627c3.jpg

If the CDI has that cunty extra pink pin then the CDI needs 9V on it else the CDI won't work!

6 minutes ago, dannn said:

A quick google.....yes the 98/99 919 loom is different as per the wiring diagram above with the extra pink wire.

Here is an old pic of my CDI plug:

cdiplug.jpg.31d5c141847deaad6679ff26a66627c3.jpg

If the CDI has that cunty extra pink pin then the CDI needs 9V on it else the CDI won't work!

This can be achieved using a PP3.

@hawkati what part numbers are on the CDI's you have:

96/97 CDI - 30410MAS602
98/99 CDI - 30410MASE01 which wants cunty pink.

I suspect the CDI plug is the same for both with one having the extra wire which would mean you could use a later loom with the earlier CDI with the pink wire disconnected.

If you have earlier or later loom with later CDI you will need to give the pink CDI input 9v which as @Thunderbolt says a 9v battery might work (connect battery neg to ground and positive to CDI pink pin).

Tell you what - If the grounding the coils don't work then post pics of the CDI plug and the part numbers from the CDI's you have.

Edited by dannn

It's all good. I have spark. The only thing that prevented me firing it up last night was getting home past midnight and having to get up at 6am. 

Tonight's the night hunnie!😛

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hawkati said:

It's all good. I have spark. The only thing that prevented me firing it up last night was getting home past midnight and having to get up at 6am. 

Tonight's the night hunnie!😛

Nicely done chap. 

Not long now....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CMSMJ1 said:

Nicely done chap. 

Not long now....

Ten minutes ago.....aliiiiiiive!

Very brief fire up since past midnight & neighbours etc, but it's running on all 4. Got majorly distracted by drummist this evening so just got on with it when I got in. Proper job tomorrow rather than jump leads for surrogate earth.

Edited by hawkati
  • Like 5