Good wheel bearings....

Bernster

I'm after some wheel bearings for my PVM wheels. Had a look around the forum historically but cannot locate any of the information I'm after.... so here goes:

They're for an R1 5VY but have a host of adapters supplied to fit, (which I'm sure make them heavier than stock by the time all the extra parts are fitted).

6206-2RSI

6006-2RSI

6005-2RSH (It looks like a 'H').

Just wondered what was a good manufacturer to look for and..... what do the numbers refer to and more perplexingly '2RSI' bit at the end.

Sorry if I've asked such a stooopid question.

Thanks for the info, SKF publish lot's of handy information on bearing design and even will help you calculate the appropriate bearings for a project should anyone need a hand:

URL=http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?contentId=000392&lang=en

This place looks like it has a lot of answers too:

URL=http://www.wib-bearings.com/en/products/standard/st_design_wib.htm

Sorted, just incase anyone was wondering, 'H' is the new and improved (patent pending apparently) - replacement for 'L' - so in a few years you might be asking for 'L' or 'R' and paying a premium for old, out dated bearings when you can get the much better 'H' for less wonga.

Just in case anyone else was as O.C.D about bearing acronyms as myself. :tumbleweed:

Another vote for Brammer, very knowledgeable people and they dont sell sh!te.

If you had a supermoto, you might visit a forum called seventeeninches, you might then see a tagged thread showing an account number for brammer that will then get you cheaper bearings from brammer.....just quote it with the order

Another vote for Brammer, very knowledgeable people and they dont sell sh!te.

If you had a supermoto, you might visit a forum called seventeeninches, you might then see a tagged thread showing an account number for brammer that will then get you cheaper bearings from brammer.....just quote it with the order

Is this >>HERE<< the same Brammer?

Archived