How to fix a KTM gearbox (vid)

wavey

Just now, fastfreddybikes said:

If I need any serious work doing on my 749s it’s definitely coming to you. Quality spannering and obsessive attention to detail. Brilliant vids but keep the just for men handy when the next silly duke arrives for open box surgery.

1 hour ago, Herr V. said:

@Gobert I read that you are in a bonding phase with your SDGT, I've ridden my Sons SDR and I love it.  I love the utility of my R1200RS it's a bloody good bike for pretty much everything but it's a bit weak, the only other option is the SDGT.

I am not overly bovered about technical issues as they will happen (on any bike) and it's what the dealer does about it that makes the difference and this is where I see a positive to KTM ownership.  BMW also have lots of issues and some dealers deal with them in a completely different manner to others e.g. new frame for flaking paint versus not valid at another dealer delivered with total arrogance.

I need to look at the bank balance but htis could be my last year of BMW ownership

I read all the stories about issues and still bought one.......as you say, it happens to all makes. It was on a list of one for me - I wanted something sporty, comfy and that was ok 2-up........I couldn't think of anything else that I'd prefer. The biggest "issue" for me is that I'm used to high reving big 4's so a big v-twin is going to take a bit of getting used to hence why I'm going to put a few hundred miles more on it before disliking it too much. 

To be fair to the big Austrian, it did ride really well, I was impressed and a total laugh. It nearly rectified the nightmares of working on it. 

I had an Austrian girlfriend a few years ago, bloody awesome ride but high maintenance... Would I have another go if I could?? Hells yes!! 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, wavey said:

To be fair to the big Austrian, it did ride really well, I was impressed and a total laugh. It nearly rectified the nightmares of working on it. 

I had an Austrian girlfriend a few years ago, bloody awesome ride but high maintenance... Would I have another go if I could?? Hells yes!! 

Similar experience on both fronts, as it happens.

The RC8R has not been without its issues, but it rides so well and is a complete hoot, it just puts a such massive smile on my face that I forget everything else.

Also I had a German girlfriend for a while, met her while out biking in NZ, turns out she was living in the UK in the next town.  She was fit as fuck but also batshit crazy, it was a very entertaining time....!!

• Haha 1

Frau V, is Bavarian, mad as a box of Frogs (but in a good way) and encourages me to go out on the bike, do LDU, build a bike business and have as good life as I can.

She's great 😊

• Like 2