Because fukkit.

hawkati

3 hours ago, Herr V. said:

Everytime you call him Scullion I see Scallion!

James the Spring Onion does have a kind of ring to it 🤣

Rapscallion 

6 hours ago, Herr V. said:

Everytime you call him Scullion I see Scallion!

James the Spring Onion does have a kind of ring to it 🤣

I have no idea why calum started calling me that...

9 hours ago, hawkati said:

I have no idea why calum started calling me that...

1 hour ago, Arran said:

Porterhouse blue reference I expect

Pretty much, except wrong university and someone else called him a rapscallion.

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

It's better than what he calls me

You said you liked it.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Pretty much, except wrong university and someone else called him a rapscallion.

ah - i know the book but never read it - i'm sure you'll be calling me a choice number of other names before the event's over! :D

Didn't start bike last night since I was delayed to the point of getting home past midnight & working today but here's the hitlerlist of stuff to do once it's running. Damn.

20210612_080213

4 minutes ago, hawkati said:

ah - i know the book but never read it - i'm sure you'll be calling me a choice number of other names before the event's over! :D

Well I am only doing the LDU as someone said they weren’t doing it again, so I thought I would.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Well I am only doing the LDU as someone said they weren’t doing it again, so I thought I would.

yeah - guilty as charged. I swore blind i'd never do it again then owen dropped dead last year. The inconsiderate bastard...

4 hours ago, hawkati said:

Didn't start bike last night since I was delayed to the point of getting home past midnight & working today but here's the hitlerlist of stuff to do once it's running. Damn.

20210612_080213

Dark kitkat is a win . 

As for coil mounts, are you in need of an original mounting bracket? I can nab one from one of my parked nc29, which may fit the frame posiibly,or you can just drill and tap a couple of threads in the frame on the 23 dead easy,, the coils should mount it sweet as they are all the same I imagine.. Just throw it back when you get another sometime . 👍

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firebeast said:

Dark kitkat is a win . 

As for coil mounts, are you in need of an original mounting bracket? I can nab one from one of my parked nc29, which may fit the frame posiibly,or you can just drill and tap a couple of threads in the frame on the 23 dead easy,, the coils should mount it sweet as they are all the same I imagine.. Just throw it back when you get another sometime . 👍

That's a very kind offer - cheers! For now, since i'm so against it time wise, i'll be jiggying something conductive up.

No worries James, I can get it there for Tuesday so it's up to you. I haven't been through your various threads, so whenever you get it fired, if you want it and or the airbox, to save time, i can post them next day if it gets the bike on the line on time 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It lives! Major drummist distraction this evening so just got on with it when I got in. Brief fire up due to past midnight but it's running on all cylinders. Proper go at it after work tomorrow. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Husky said:

Great stuff ! Looking forward to seeing you on it at P2 on the 21st James. 

Massive race against time to get it sorted as a road legal thingit but i'm onnit like a plate tectonic.

• Like 3

Brief fire up past midnight.. Sounds like the pb way 🤣

Great it's alive, see how things go and shout if you need owt.. 👍

Edited by firebeast
  • Thanks 1

Awesome work James

• Thanks 1

i can see it working just fine until i connect the fuel tank. Offski to get a couple of spare fuel filters, box of mini fuses, bullet connectors & heat resisting tape soon...

18 hours ago, hawkati said:

It lives! 

Awesome....so was the coils not being grounded the problem ?

Out of interest which loom/cdi have you got, early no cunty pink or later with cunty pink ?

3 hours ago, dannn said:

Awesome....so was the coils not being grounded the problem ?

Out of interest which loom/cdi have you got, early no cunty pink or later with cunty pink ?

Cunty pink all the way down. Rode it for a whole mile today before cracking on with making a surrogate airbox and nailing bits to the frame.

• Like 5

On 6/13/2021 at 11:23 PM, hawkati said:

Cunty pink all the way down. Rode it for a whole mile today before cracking on with making a surrogate airbox and nailing bits to the frame.

Genuinely in awe chap.  Can't wait to see it 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cuban pete said:

Genuinely in awe chap.  Can't wait to see it 😉

You might be waiting some time....proper write up in a bit about it. It's 95% complete but that's not going to make it pass an mot. Wibble!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hawkati said:

You might be waiting some time....proper write up in a bit about it. It's 95% complete but that's not going to make it pass an mot. Wibble!

You've not got a 'friendly' mot guy then I take it.. 😒

Just now, firebeast said:

You've not got a 'friendly' mot guy then I take it.. 😒

He's good. Very good. Meticulous about the stuff that matters - safe stuff, not at all fussy about 104db termis. The crucial thing for me is marrying up the blade loom with the 675 headlights and a dozen other fiddly yet essential things when i've effectively got just tonight to get it sorted. 

• Sad 2