rebuilding the fzr - whats the best gasket sealant to use for the crankcases?

addiction269

finally getting round to rebulding the fzr,with a new set of cases, ive got some hylomar blue universal gasket sealant, will this be ok or is there another to use?

No.No. And NO.

Yamabond, or Threebond. Basically they're the same as each other and a million times better than blue Hylo-messeverywhere.

thought there would be a better one and knew someone would know! will get one of these then, thanks very much!

All my FZR engines have been professionally glued together with the blue loctite sealer, cheaper than Yamalube and works a treat. My FZR750 engine has held all its oil for 50000+ k's, probably 'cos she burns it all before it has a chance of leaking.....

yamaha bond, or threebond or whatever. dont touch the blue stuff with a barge pole. Buy it on the bay, got some from hongkong last time 10 quid instead of 35 from a yam dealer

WELLSEAL is used a lot, £7 a tube off the bay. It must have some good ingredients cause you get as high as a kite whilst using it!

The ducati stuff , and the yamaha stuff is the same three bond goo , the advantage with the ducati stuff is it is available in smaller tubes so you dont buy way more than you need , it's about a tenner as opposed to £35 , there i've said it , the ducati stuff is cheaper

Archived