Porting

Devon

Going to need a selection of burrs and sander tips.

What are you using? Dremmel? Or flexi head for a normall drill? Air powered porting tool?

What head are you porting? Quite a few heads benefit from having material added rather than taken away.

i was planning on using a dremmel kind of tool with a flexidrive on the end of it. so you reccomend that i use an epoxy, resin? to build up the ports? i was planning on working on an rd350 ypvs barrels.

i was planning on using a dremmel kind of tool with a flexidrive on the end of it. so you reccomend that i use an epoxy, resin? to build up the ports? i was planning on working on an rd350 ypvs barrels.

Aha, two strokee. 'tis a dark art and I know knothing worthwhile about it. It's been about twenty years since I had a go at porting a 2T, a,d I didnt get very good results then! I was talking about fourstroke porting, I have no idea if you need to build up the ports first on an rd. Maybe have an ask about in the 2T section

This is a very good book on the subject.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Haynes-Manual-Two-St...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Blueprinting is probably the way forward first. I've used minature grinding stones and sanding drums on a Dremel type drill with good effect. Don't attempt porting unless you've read a bit about it first. Very easy to ruin a barrel and the power delivery.

Archived