HISS Problem

2004 Fireblade.

Mate has everything for it bar an ignition key. This the idea of sticking it in a go kart is on hold cos it wont go.

Can anyone suggest a route to getting it to work that does not involve several hundred on a new cdi / loom / ignition lock set.

Please pm if you have any helpful suggestions.

Cheers

Andy

Buy the ECU and lock set from a crashed bike?

Buy the ECU and lock set from a crashed bike?

Cos new they run at about a grand I believe

Used to work at a Honda dealers,

it is ecu & lock set - ridiculous price, and I think you have to jump through hoops to get them from Honda (cuz of the whole nicked bikes thing)

We were looking into it cause we'd had a very cheap blade offered to us - we just didn't bite after investigation.

Crashed bike set, or what people seem to be saying bout race/US set must be the way forward.

Or convert it to carbs...

Methinks Honda were very aware of this when installing to bikes... ($$$Kerching!$$$)

Exactly what Zakalwe said. A security system that can be got round for £2.50 and a visit to a Honda franchise would be as much use as tits on a fish.

To be honest I'd be asking questions about the source of the engine if it's got HISS but no key.

Aftermarket ecu would overcome that problem and leave it ready for more tweeks in the future.

Or buy the road kit from a racer...

Archived