Dent in Frame?

MarkB

56 minutes ago, MarkB said:

I'm on a budget here, not sure it'll run to them

If you are on a budget invest in or make a slide hammer and DIY, learn a new skill.

• Like 2

That will a cat ... write off. 

Personally I would steer clear of it, if you look at keeping the frame then look carefully around the headstock. If your on a budget then rebuilding the bike is never as cheap as you think it will be the money you'll spend on it could be put into buying a much better bike. 

15 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

If you are on a budget invest in or make a slide hammer and DIY, learn a new skill.

Or plug all the frames holes up, fill it with cold water and weld an airline coupling to it, turn compressor on retreat to other side of garden, wait for a *ting* sound...

:eusa_whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Took the plunge this morning after a thorough check of frame and headstock. No sign of any other damage so best learn how to use a slide hammer 

• Like 3

In my very humble opinion, I wouldn't try to fix the frame.  Anything you do will only weaken it further.  The material is designed to be shaped once and also will have age hardened.  If you can get it MOT'd just ride it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 4tgp said:

In my very humble opinion, I wouldn't try to fix the frame.  Anything you do will only weaken it further.  The material is designed to be shaped once and also will have age hardened.  If you can get it MOT'd just ride it.

Now I'm thinking leave it alone ! There isn't a specfic budget as such but want to get it back on the road as cheap as I can. Says the man who spent 800 on OZ wheels for the zx7r :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Basil said:

Or plug all the frames holes up, fill it with cold water and weld an airline coupling to it, turn compressor on retreat to other side of garden, wait for a *ting* sound...

:eusa_whistle:

Theres a Jamaican in your shed ??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Evilchicken0 said:

Theres a Jamaican in your shed ??? 

Only if his frame had jam in!

:getmecoat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, MarkB said:

Took the plunge this morning after a thorough check of frame and headstock. No sign of any other damage so best learn how to use a slide hammer 

You won’t regret it.a ding in the frame is cool like crashed leathers 

29 minutes ago, sev said:

Yeah, pretty reasonable if I decide to re- frame.

Anyone know if they changed anything on the frames on the C and D models ? One I've got is a '98 D6.

23 minutes ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Lots of differences between the two. Not sure if the mechanicals swap but frames are certainly quite different.

EDIT: Look at a few pics. The main frame behind the engine / under the seat is L shaped on the C and Y shaped on the D. That and the C’s offset single ram air and the D’s wider dual ram air intakes are the two simple ways to tell them apart from the other side of the street. 

Thanks for the info