suspension settings 02 R6

fastfox

Hi guys.

Was on a trackday yesterday. Had a great day but having some trouble braking from high speed or into tight turns with the back chirping.

I`m not braking massively hard, infact i`m having to brake early cos i cant keep the back on the floor firmly enough.

I`m having to dip the clutch to help get a balance between braking effort and controling the rear.

Other bikes are braking way past me :rolleyes:

The few times i used my 05 R6 on the track i could brake way latter.

Was thinking maybe suspension settings. I know the bare basics of suspension but other than that it strikes me as abit of a black art. Something i need to learn!

Was thinking of dailing in a few clicks of rebound damping. Would that be the right direction to go?

Hi guys.

Was on a trackday yesterday. Had a great day but having some trouble braking from high speed or into tight turns with the back chirping.

I`m not braking massively hard, infact i`m having to brake early cos i cant keep the back on the floor firmly enough.

I`m having to dip the clutch to help get a balance between braking effort and controling the rear.

Other bikes are braking way past me :)

The few times i used my 05 R6 on the track i could brake way latter.

Was thinking maybe suspension settings. I know the bare basics of suspension but other than that it strikes me as abit of a black art. Something i need to learn!

Was thinking of dailing in a few clicks of rebound damping. Would that be the right direction to go?

Anyone know a link to a good site about suspension set up and symptons, then?

Is the a good book about it that anyone can recomend?

Archived