What calipers for 2006 ZX6R forks -

Flerbizky

Question... I'm doing a small (ish) project, involving a set of 2006 ZX6R forks.

So far, I have no calipers, and was considering just travelling the known path and going with a set from either a ZX6 or a ZX10. Then I had the idea of going the way of R1 calipers as the price is the same as the ZX calipers, and they look the part (having realised that unless I win the lotto, I'll never get a set of Brembos). The someone, when asked "ZX10 or R1 calipers" - responded with R1 6 pots (2007 +)

And I agreed - But the Big Q is -

Will they fit... Looking at pics on eBay (I'm no smarter no), the bolt spacing looks to be way off - but is it ?..

Cheers, and thanks,

/Steff

[Edit:]

The 6 pots are 130mm eye to eye - Found it somewhere on the R1 Forum.

Question... I'm doing a small (ish) project, involving a set of 2006 ZX6R forks.

So far, I have no calipers, and was considering just travelling the known path and going with a set from either a ZX6 or a ZX10. Then I had the idea of going the way of R1 calipers as the price is the same as the ZX calipers, and they look the part (having realised that unless I win the lotto, I'll never get a set of Brembos). The someone, when asked "ZX10 or R1 calipers" - responded with R1 6 pots (2007 +)

And I agreed - But the Big Q is -

Will they fit... Looking at pics on eBay (I'm no smarter no), the bolt spacing looks to be way off - but is it ?..

Cheers, and thanks,

/Steff

I think only the 4pots will work

I used R1 4pot calipers with zx10 forks on my ZRX project with no ill effects the bolt spacing on both is 108mm but the later r1 6pots had a bigger spacing so no good. Does that make sense?

IMG_1165.jpg

I think only the 4pots will work

I used R1 4pot calipers with zx10 forks on my ZRX project with no ill effects the bolt spacing on both is 108mm but the later r1 6pots had a bigger spacing so no good. Does that make sense?

IMG_1165.jpg

That is exactly what I was looking for !... Thanks - 4 pots it is then..

Nice looking ZRX as well !...

Archived