scott oiler

brad

if there's no oil in the tube you're meant to switch it to 'prime' (ie fully open) then pressurise the reservoir using the squeezy oil bottle till the fluid fills the tube.

IIRC.

(I'll fish out the instructions later)

Hmm not very :rolleyes: i know

In the words of Ned Flanders, you are Wrong-diddly-ong-dong-dong, my friend.

have a look here http://www.scottoiler.com/default.asp

is the picture of the bike in the top right corner of the page none other than PB's own Kar Lee's R1? Is that a PB sticker on the swingarm I spy?

There is no shame in having a scottoiler. I've got one on my R1. The same one I've had since my first bike and it's been on every bike in between. Still going strong about 12 years later. And I've never had to clean or lube a chain in that time. Nor buy chain & sprockets. Years ago, some of my mates used to scoff at it - those same mates now have scottoilers on their bikes

Scottoilers rock! <_<

No. 1 Scottoiler tip.

Its all very well to put a scottoiler reservoir under the pillion seat, as its nice and out of sight - but make sure you can A) fill the bugger without emptying half a bottle of oil into your toolkit and :P that you can get your hand in to adjust the flow rate dial and lastly C) make sure you can see the flow rate dial, so you can tell when its on prime or position 1.

Bitter experience taught me this, but it was placed in a lovely spot, cable tied and glued on as well so moving it once the issues became obvious.

Ah well, you live and learn

Hmm not very :) i know

I seem to remember that Scotoilers were one of the PB loves things in the old mag!

It was the first thing I put on my R1 when I bought it.

Archived