Gates power grip clamps.

peter187

That's is a very angry man indeed😆

I take it European trucks just aren't up to the miles US trucks do? 

This is when @stupid luke would step up with a rant about Man trucks and how VW could shove them up their VAG*

*see what I did? I'm so fucking funny, aren't I? No? Oh well. 

If I was a Freightliner dealer, I'd feel quite relieved that ordinary citizens don't have access to high velocity weapons in the U.S

Wait...

2 hours ago, jaycee said:

That's is a very angry man indeed😆

I take it European trucks just aren't up to the miles US trucks do? 

This is when @stupid luke would step up with a rant about Man trucks and how VW could shove them up their VAG*

*see what I did? I'm so fucking funny, aren't I? No? Oh well. 

Freightliner are a US company, and if the build quality is like other yank veehickles, it'll be appalling

1 hour ago, gurninman said:

Freightliner are a US company, and if the build quality is like other yank veehickles, it'll be appalling

I know Freight liner are US. I was just wondering if there were any Euro, or Japanese trucks used in the US haulage industry. 

Ah, gotcha

I think they don't really use Euro trucks because they are predominantly cab-over designs, and they like the comfort and space of what they call 'conventional' designs.

They also don't have the same length restrictions as we do in Europe, so makes sense to have something more comfy and easier to work on (because they're shit :)  ). You do see some cab-over trucks in the US, but they are by no means common

Loads of Volvo tractor Units last time I was over there, but with the engine out front, not the cab over design.

20170223_090950-700x450.jpg

The narrator is Canadian, and that's where the truck is being operated, but carry on ;) @Jenny Pryde we have access to masses of firearms, but we're typically polite enough to desist from shooting other people with them.

The plastic hose clamps' rate of failure might have a lot to do with that truck's operating environment ranging from +30C to -40C. It's also not unusual to see over a million kilometers on a 3 to 4 year old truck. They come with proper T-bolt hose clamps these days.

Archived