Help. Few mod questions for ninja 250R.

thunder_cracker

Hi guys, i'm new here.

I got this yoshimura exhaust from a '97 Suzuki GSX-R400R that my friend gave when he sold his bike, and it's been lying around in my garage for a while,

i was thinking about making it into a custom slip-on exhaust for my ninja 250R. Any advice on how to make it proper for my bike?

And i found this K&N replacement filter for

ninja 250R, will it do any good for my bike?

Thanks in advance ;)

Howdy, welcome to the forum! Does the 250 have carbs or injection? Altering the pipe to a much more freely flowing one as well as adding the k&n could cause the bike to run lean, possibly causing long term engine damage. If you are on a restricted license it may also make your bike over the limit, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Fitting the pipe and/or filter without altering the fueling will make more noise but probably won't give much more go. It'll also make you more conspicuous to the feds. I'd lob the can on ebay and spend the money on tyres or a trackday. But, it's your bike and if you're determined go ahead, if you can get it fitted in a way that allows you to easily swap the standard one back on you can take it to a dyno and get a fueling run done for not much to see whether you need to make any more changes.

Which ninja 250r is it? Is it the old early 90's one that revved up to 47 million or whatever it was, or the newer one, the twin cylinder one? I know the old one's on carbs and will need rejetting to suit, the newer one I'd guess be fuel injected and will need a power commander or something similar.

I also have a 1987 Ninja 250 but it's bone stock except for a trim of the tail section and full decal removal (done by previous owner). You might want to check this link:

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Exhaust

as they have quite a lot of info on the 250s.

Howdy, welcome to the forum! Does the 250 have carbs or injection? Altering the pipe to a much more freely flowing one as well as adding the k&n could cause the bike to run lean, possibly causing long term engine damage. If you are on a restricted license it may also make your bike over the limit, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Fitting the pipe and/or filter without altering the fueling will make more noise but probably won't give much more go. It'll also make you more conspicuous to the feds. I'd lob the can on ebay and spend the money on tyres or a trackday. But, it's your bike and if you're determined go ahead, if you can get it fitted in a way that allows you to easily swap the standard one back on you can take it to a dyno and get a fueling run done for not much to see whether you need to make any more changes.

Which ninja 250r is it? Is it the old early 90's one that revved up to 47 million or whatever it was, or the newer one, the twin cylinder one? I know the old one's on carbs and will need rejetting to suit, the newer one I'd guess be fuel injected and will need a power commander or something similar.

I also have a 1987 Ninja 250 but it's bone stock except for a trim of the tail section and full decal removal (done by previous owner). You might want to check this link:

as they have quite a lot of info on the 250s.

Hi guys.

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town for a few days.

My ninja's an 2009 caburated version, thankfully i'm living in Indo, and it's pretty much a non restriction zone, so you can do whatever you like with your bikes here, except for engine swap though :icon_blackeye:

What i trying to do is, by changing the exhaust, i thought it would help my bike to pick-up low and mid range RPMs, such as when i'm coming out of corners. The bike feels really weak at around 5000rpm.

I already spend some money on tyres and crash bungs. Any advice on how to make my bike perform better other than tweaking the exhaust system? As i occasionally do trackdays and i do long range rides also.

This is great. Does the new Ninja 250, still use the same engine as the old one?

Archived