rs125 forks

riversbikes

I understand that the OEM rs125 forks have a spring in one leg, and damping in the other (or some such setup) -- is there a shop in the UK that specializes in RS125 fork tuning -- like Maxton, or the like. Apparently the superteen challenge bikes can have modified forks... is there a hot set up for racing? :unsure:

As with the the RG125 the best mod without changin the spring weight was to simply ad another 20ml of oil to each leg, now depending on how old your rs is, it would be best to change the oil, as it begins to break down over time. It's down to you how often you change it, but i do mine every 3000 miles. I bought an rs for the wife and went mad on it, rebuilt from the floor up, and low and behold the fork oil was black as the ace of spades.....even went as far as cutting a chip out of the cdi and re-sealing it!!!

oh and its such an easy job, download the manual and have a go yourself, i could easily talk you through it if you have any doubts....

If you remove the seat unit and locate the CDi you can cut a hole into it and 20mm long 12mm deep slap bang in the middle on the opposing face to the plug pins, you will find a small transistor, simply cut it out then re-seal it..... to be fair i cannot confim how much of a difference it truly makes, because that part was done at the same time as carbon reeds, new carb, new solenoid and valve, arrow can, full engine rebuild with aprilia barrel a grade piston, crank machined and ballanced, the info i got was from

http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/

Archived