ignitech ignition units

zimm

as topic really, they pop up on ebay after being heftily marked up from time to time, and am seriously thinking about getting one for my zxr400 racebike...

meant to be fully programmable for rev limit/advance curve and i like the idea of plugging a laptop into my bike.. because im a bit of a geek.

so has anyone heard of them ? got one ? used one ? had one blow up ? fail ?

http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

as topic really, they pop up on ebay after being heftily marked up from time to time, and am seriously thinking about getting one for my zxr400 racebike...

meant to be fully programmable for rev limit/advance curve and i like the idea of plugging a laptop into my bike.. because im a bit of a geek.

so has anyone heard of them ? got one ? used one ? had one blow up ? fail ?

http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

Haven't heard of the before, but they seem pretty loaded for the price. Might look into one for Project 4/6..

Thanks for the link !..

i have one and they are cool, the serial connection was my personal entrance into the space age. ;)

you got to tell them, what kind of bike you have, because they are special made, it won't take them too long though.

you got to specify, what kind of features you want to run, be it a throttle position sensor or exhaust servo i.e.,

the module has ports for a tachometer, shift lift and blocking switch ( sidestand ) also.

the advance curve is fully adjustable, my bike is running quite good so far ( in the living room ),

i think it is a steal compared to the silent hektik stuff and would recommend it.

;)

i have one and they are cool, the serial connection was my personal entrance into the space age. :pb2:

you got to tell them, what kind of bike you have, because they are special made, it won't take them too long though.

you got to specify, what kind of features you want to run, be it a throttle position sensor or exhaust servo i.e.,

the module has ports for a tachometer, shift lift and blocking switch ( sidestand ) also.

;)

Muschi, which version have you been using - I'm considering the Sparker Racing 3 ( http://www.ignitech.cz/english/rac/rac.htm ) as it seems like a perfect option for getting a programmable ignition system. (And for far less dough that any of the known brands) - But from what I can see, all you need to specify is what bike (well, engine might be a better word) you're going to put it on, - and that the Racing 3 comes with all options as standard..

Maybe I should just send them an email..

Cheers,

/Steff

thanks for the reply's !

have ordered some for my bikes and a couple for some mates..

tcip4

the sparker racing 3 unit is just multi channel, and overkill for zxr's and nc30's which iim putting them on.

thanks for the reply's !

have ordered some for my bikes and a couple for some mates..

tcip4

the sparker racing 3 unit is just multi channel, and overkill for zxr's and nc30's which iim putting them on.

Overkill ?... There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to bikes ;-)

agreed, but there's no point paying for inputs i'll have nothing to connect to

That's called Future Proofing ;-) Who knows when your ZXR 400 will need the addition of an N2O bottle :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

quick update,

having told ignitech what bikes i wanted the units for, they got back to me with their recommendations the next day, i paid them and they turned up a week later... good stuff :P each unit came with a nicely made loom adapter so its an easy plg n play :blink:

they did completely forget to send me any base settings for my zxr though, so after some head scratching, a bit of guesswork and some almighty backfires and popping noises I got the pickup settings right, and loaded up a close approximation of the advance curve from the old F3 kitted SP boxes, including 15,200rpm limiter (up from 14,500) although in all fairness, they did email me 2 zxr *.ign files the next day and apologised. They now also have the F3 and SP data ;)

Went out for a quick run and backed off the advance a touch at the topend to eliminate a weirdy flatspot and some more tweaking to smooth out the off idle response, and for now im impressed by what the tcip4 units deliver for the money. Especially considering that a standard ignition box for a zxr is currently on ebay for more than the ignitech units cost me. And real SP stuff is properly £££ unobtainium, let alone F3 kit, and even then its bigger, heavier, non-programmable and requires a dedicated loom and rotor.

some dyno runs and more accurate testing with a strobe will have to be done to get things spot on

next up is to re-wire the loom so the tacho is fed directly from the ignitech box instead of the 1&4 coil feed, the ignitech tacho feed is adjustable so i can stop the tacho lying about rpm (will read 17k on the clock @ 15k) all made nice and easy as the box can be programmed "live" with the engine running and displays true RPM as well as current (as in NOW, not electrical) advance being used on the screen

then, fabricate a mount of some sort for a TPS and get that mapped in the hope of extracting some kind of midrange response from the little 400cc screamer

my only regret is that i want a 4 channel unit now, so i can fit zx6r plug-coils and ditch the wasted spark system ..

that is good news.

the unit is pretty cheap, compared to the silent hektik stuff, which is

not free adjustable but only offers 16 different advance curves,

not to mention the stock stuff, which is pretty expensive for my

bike too, and not adjustable at all.

thumbsuptl2.gif

• 3 months later...

I have some Ignitech units on my race bikes, i have one on my zxr400sp, a brilliant piece of kit. I've also taken delivery of their top spec unit for my zx6rr race bike, replacing the kit kawasaki cdi on there, i don't have the $700 lead and box to access the kit kawasaki cdi so got an ignitech unit instead. i think the ignitech unit does even more than the kit kawasaki cdi! highly recommended

I am about to plonk one onto a power valve motor as it does ignition and servo control. From what I've read there good and reliable, and of course fully programmable. It combines the servo controller and CDI into one box. It should make engine tuning far more flexible.

Archived