Woolich Racing Ecu Kit

couchcommando

Anyone used one of these kits and software to map their ecu, seems to get good reviews and as I'm putting an exhaust on the zx6r which means I need a servo buddy I thiught I could go the whole way and map the bike at the same time and turn the servo off, seems good value at £170

If it's like the Velox racing Flashtune version, it's simple enough.

Just hook the loom up then connect a laptop, adjust away.

Can take a little bit of time to get your head around because it's a little confusing just having a screen with a million options presented at first but to be honest you probably won't touch half of them.

I will say however that not many dyno tuners in my experience like using them because they're slow to write to the ecu (a Power Commander takes a second or two to write each time a new table is made, for example) and you can't get a realtime afr with them so the tuner has to read afr, then work out what to do, then write, and it drags the process out.

Of course that's if the Woolich setup is the same as the Flashtune because I don't have any experience of the Woolich.

If all you want to do is load one of their pre-determined tables and mess about with things like the exhaust servo and what temp you want your fan to come on, they're a good way to go.

I've got their kit on my GSXR, their customer care is better than flashtunes, but the kit differs slightly. Look at the exact options, since some bikes support quickshifter functions others don't, and so on.

The woolich kit has an option where you get a wideband O2 sensor and realtime logging box, so it logs your riding and you can then enter a table of desired AFR values, and will then suggest changes accordingly, way better than the DJ autotune which a bit(lot) crap

Easy to use, more accurate than a pc3 or similar, loads of additional features too, turning off the exhaust valve is as simple as "unticking a box" on the opening page of the software, should be used in conjunction with a dyno to adjust the fuelling though, much the same as a custom map on a power commander. I modded a B-King a few years ago, this software not only removed the exhaust valve but also the top speed limiter as well as tweaking the fuelling. Can be used to tweak the ignition timing and activate a shifter too. Not sure whereabouts you are in the country but there are a few places now using this siftware to good effect.

Thanks guys, I only want to load a base map for an end can and remove the exhaust servo, I assume they have am.ot of generic maps on their site to download ?

Couch: you'll of spent the best part of ten grand - spend a couple of hundred quid more and have it right. (my two penneth)

Surely for an end can only an off the shelf map is good enough, it'll only gain at best 3hp having read reviews of custom maps against off the shelf, main reason was to turn off the exhaust servo, bike was only £6k ;)

It's not just about the peak numbers couch, in fact that should be anyone's last concern.

A good custom map will improve the bike's fuelling in every single way.

You will never beat a good custom map, and one done properly is worth five times its cost.

Whether you achieve that using this or a PC is up to you but honestly, get a custom map, I promise you won't regret it.

My 848 has a custom map and I know how good it is but its also blueprinted, am I really gonna see a big gain from a 600 with just an end can with the baffle still in ?, if I am where do I go for a custom map written to the ecu, don't want a pcv as I'll then need something else to remove the exhaust servo

You'd see gains and benefits from a good custom map to a completely standard bike couch.

You (should) would do to with a downloaded map but more so with a good custom one. Fuels, environments etc all affect each identical bike differently, let alone how the things are bolted together.

If you want the most out of it, there's no substitute.

As for where, I'm afraid I can't help, sorry. I don't personally know of any good tuners who work with flashing software but undoubtedly there's plenty out there.

Archived